Euro 2004 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Euro 2004

:rofl: Could this be a trend for Portugal? Choking in games vs teams who are suppose to be easy? WC was USA, and now Greece in the Euro Cup? :lol:

BTW, I am predicting Italy to take it.

England v France later today.

Basically Arsenal vs. Arsenal with Henry and Pires going against Campbell and Coles.

Should be a great game to watch! I can't wait.

Portual are always underachievers. I was kinda dissapointed in what I saw. They played the ball through Ronaldo, which isn't a bad plan because he is one hell of a player. It just turns out to be a problem when he doesn't complete one pass into the box all night .p
Seriously though, Ronaldo and Figo are such a joy to watch. Tecnically it's beautifull.

I hope England wins today!

Hey if you guys are interested in listening to the all the games Live, there is a radio broadcast from BBC in England with very good and exciting commentating. You'll need Real Player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/

At game time, just visit the site and you should see a link. They also have archives from past games. First game of the day is usually at noon 12:00pm U.S. Eastern Time. Second game is at 2:45pm Eastern Time.

Fox Sports World and Fox Sports en Espanol will be showing 5 Live group stages matches. All 4 quarterfinals and both semifinals via 5-day delay and the final via 3-day delay. See www.soccertv.com for more info. Of course, if you paid for one of the PPV or dish packages, all this is meaningless to you.

BTW, England is one of the teams I usually root for, but England seem to be eternal destined losers when it comes to the big tournaments. With no Euro titles in their history and only one World Cup title in 1966, I think they need to prove a little bit more for being a usual favorite. And Portugal? ... please... these guys have been paper champions for years and nothing more. I'm glad the Greeks put them in their place, the back seat (once again).

:lol: Yeah England lost to France yesterday, ESPN showed the score and who scored on its bottom line :eek:

Yeah, ESPN has been showing Euro 2004 highlights on SportsCenter which is definitely a step in the right direction. :up:

However, I didn't see USA/Grenada highlights on SportsCenter. Maybe I missed it but it would be wack if they showed Euro 2004 highlights but ignored their own country.

Some highlights are better than no highlights :lol:

I went to the local English pub to watch the England vs France game (damn $20/person charge too :< ).

I'm an England supporter because other than playing, my first soccer games to watch on tv were EPL. So i grew up wathcing all the english players.

It was a great game, but ultimatly very shocking to see Zidane strike that ball with amazing acuracy. There was absolutly nothing that could have been about that one.

I have a feelign Gerrard needs to apply for French citizenship after that horrible play back to the keeper. James had no choice but to take him out (was that Henry? I couldn't see, but he made a great break to the ball) and the penalty was the seal of fate for yet another England let down.

And wth is with Becks on that damn penalty.I still would have prefered Scholes to take it and get a bit more power behind it.

Watching Barthez (yes I'm a Man Utd fan, but always hated that bastard) getting pelted in the face was hilarious in itself!!!!!!

ChrisKo said:
And wth is with Becks on that damn penalty.I still would have prefered Scholes to take it and get a bit more power behind it.

Frank Lampard should have hit the penalty. Beckham's power was not the issue, he could havehit it 100mph and it would not have mattered because he placed it at the ideal height for keepers. He hit it so that the save was easy by Bartez. Fabian would have had a tougher time with the peno if it were either a lot higher or a lot lower.

England are the most overrated team in the tourny. All they have is huff and puff players with a few actual world class players sprinkled in. They have no natural talent because in England if you try to do a trick and lose the ball you are sent to the bench. Joe Cole is the most technically gifted player in the squad but do you think he will get a look in? No, because he is not part of the English mentallity. They would rather have 11 Lee Carsleys rather than 11 Joe Coles.

iceblizzard69 said:
Yeah, ESPN has been showing Euro 2004 highlights on SportsCenter which is definitely a step in the right direction. :up:

However, I didn't see USA/Grenada highlights on SportsCenter. Maybe I missed it but it would be wack if they showed Euro 2004 highlights but ignored their own country.

Fox Sports World carried the games I think? They definately have the hilites.

Canada gets ALL 31 EURO games FREE!

Bodzilla29 said:

For the first time I envy Canada. One thing about this country that sucks is that it shows so little soccer yet shoes so much more horse racing, ping pong, swimming, drag racing, chess, and spelling bees.

Just get old enough to get into the local English/irish pubs and watch some games. Unfortunatly, the Euro2004 contract has them charging $20/person to see the games in a commercial venue.

At least I get to see the league games free at the pubs.

Bodzilla29 said:
Frank Lampard should have hit the penalty. Beckham's power was not the issue, he could havehit it 100mph and it would not have mattered because he placed it at the ideal height for keepers. He hit it so that the save was easy by Bartez. Fabian would have had a tougher time with the peno if it were either a lot higher or a lot lower.

England are the most overrated team in the tourny. All they have is huff and puff players with a few actual world class players sprinkled in. They have no natural talent because in England if you try to do a trick and lose the ball you are sent to the bench. Joe Cole is the most technically gifted player in the squad but do you think he will get a look in? No, because he is not part of the English mentallity. They would rather have 11 Lee Carsleys rather than 11 Joe Coles.

I honestly believe that Fabian's faced Becks so many times in practice that he knows the tendencies and made the perfect jump. Guess you could argue the same for Scholes, so maybe you're right, Lampard might have been the best choice.

And yet again, I'm so freaking glad Becks plays in Spain now. He can still place the ball from set pieces like no other, but off the ball he just doesn't seem to be aggressive like he used to be. He truly angers me these days.

We'll see what happens in the Sqiss game. Can England play a more up pace attacking game?

Bodzilla29 said:

Most of Euro 2004 here is on PPV. Only 5 of the games are live on FSW.

Back
Top Bottom