Even more disrespect from the media.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even more disrespect from the media..

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Gladsadmad said:
http://www.profootballweekly.com./PFW/Commentary/Columns/2004/reynolds080904.htm

"Road blocks: The Patriots, and the pesky Jets, stand in the Bills’ playoff path."

All of a sudden I guess Miami is no match for the Bills? That's the way I interpret that comment. No mention of the Dolphins as a road block? Man, I hope the Fins make all these media guys eat their words.
Forget these guys. They hardly ever make the right predictions anyway. Just like he said," You would have laughed  that being the tamest possible reaction  had I told you at this time last year that the Panthers were Super Bowl-bound.". They have no idea what is going on. They say what they are feed through sources and papers and hearsay. We are the ones that keep up on things everyday and know who we have and what they are capable of. GO PHINS. TAKE THE AFC EAST PLEASE!!!!!

Gladsadmad said:
http://www.profootballweekly.com./PFW/Commentary/Columns/2004/reynolds080904.htm

"Road blocks: The Patriots, and the pesky Jets, stand in the Bills’ playoff path."

All of a sudden I guess Miami is no match for the Bills? That's the way I interpret that comment. No mention of the Dolphins as a road block? Man, I hope the Fins make all these media guys eat their words.

Disrespect??? Hello anybody in there?

You've got a team that lost an All Pro RB that it focused it's entire offense around....

A team that lost a WR they counted on to be it's No. 1 or No. 2 go to guy....

A team that has mediocre QB play at best unless AJ shows he can play....

A team that has a completely unproven and inexperienced OL.......

Quit being such extreme homers!

If you weren't a Dolphin fan you'd have to look at this team and think that it isn't a viable threat to win the division. IF some unknown players come into their own this year it is possible but put this roster as it stands now up against other teams and it dosen't look good.

Some of you guys flip out constantly over any writer that dosen't envision a Dolphin dynasty ready to destroy the league. :lol:

Well I have to say looking at this and not being a homer that people can say what they want to say. If you look at the patriots over the past few years they are pretty much the same only they have won 2 superbowls. I know people keep saying don't compare us to the patriots but when Bledsoe got hurt who was Tom Brady? They have won with Tom Brady, Kevin Faulk, David Givens? Deion Branch? Asante Sameul? and the list goes on. No one expected the Patriots to compete for the superbowl last year. They lost Milloy to the Bills, Colvin out for the season. Still a mediocre running game other injurys on defense that slated 2 rookies Samuel and Poole to get a lot of playing time. The team pulled together and won the superbowl. So yes we have lost a running back that was 38% of our offseason and a Boston who we had big hopes for. Somebody needs to step up and will step up. The thing that puzzles me is that a team that went 10-6 last year and barely missed the playoffs would be considered by many one of the worst teams in football this year because we lost our starting RB and a WR that has never even played a down for a teams that hasn't yet either. We basically have the same offense that we had last year and I believe getting Howard and drafting Poole makes our defense better than last year. I mean we only lost Marion, Buckley, and Fletcher. So with that being said these reporters can set here and say what they want to say. I am glad that nothing is expected of us this year. But many people will be surprized when it is all said and done and I can't wait to see what hey will write about then.

Blah Blah Blah. I dont care. We will be successful whether the media likes it or not. Damn the ones who have no faith. It pisses me off :fire:

Just like they didn't expect the Patriots to go win the SUperbowl again last year is the exact same way they're all gonna be surprised when we start kicking some a$$ starting Sept. 12th....Even if the Dolphins got out of their way, the Bills are still standing in their own way of the playoffs....They WILL NOT GET THERE!

I almost let that tick me off, but who gives a s@!t. I just want to see the Phins do well and then get to laugh at everyone.

Trekbiz said:

You've got a team that lost an All Pro RB that it focused it's entire offense around....

If you weren't a Dolphin fan you'd have to look at this team and think that it isn't a viable threat to win the division. IF some unknown players come into their own this year it is possible but put this roster as it stands now up against other teams and it dosen't look good.

Some of you guys flip out constantly over any writer that dosen't envision a Dolphin dynasty ready to destroy the league. :lol:

I am a die-hard fan and, unfortunately, I agree. Although I am an optimist, I'm also a realist.

I don't think a coaching staff headed by Wanny can overcome such problems and bring this team to the playoffs. He couldn't get it done when they had all the pieces in place.

I don't think this team will be as bad as some of the writers are saying, but I really don't think they'll make the playoffs this year. I REALLY, REALLY hope they prove me wrong! :)

Gladsadmad said:

Don't worry Glad, I really think this will work to our advantage. When a team that still has a lot of talent is being counted out as being able to contend, that is when that team has a big advantage.

Teams will start believing that they are playing a team on the decline, a team with major problems, and will take them lightly, but instead will find they are playing a team that is still very good, and very dangerous. By the time they start giving Miami the credit they deserve again, Miami will be 4-0, 5-0 or maybe even better.

Last year the Patriots were being disrespected tremendously, because of their problems, and I think they did pretty well for themselves. Now we will find out if this Miami team has the same heart to overcome a few problems, and use this to their advantage, like that Patriot team did......(Hey Patriots fans, can we rent your head coach :lol: )

Trekbiz said:

LOL, I feel the same way dude.
Miami is not a very good team right now. On offense we have what....Chris Chambers and basically thats it.
Defenses will slide coverage to him and either:
A: Catch interceptions all day on us as the QBs try to thread it into double coverage.
...OR...
B: Watch our other WRs drop balls and our offense fail to convert enough 3rd downs to even matter.
I predict it won't be pretty.

Trekbiz said:

That ran for 3.5 yards a carry, yea, we will not find anyone that can do that.:shakeno:

Trekbiz said:
But yet, without having that WR last year, and having a Premier RB who ran only for 3.5 yards a carry, we still won 10 games, and if Feidler had not gone down, we might have won 1-2 games more. :rolleyes:

Trekbiz said:
If Feidler is in, we are limited at throwing the ball, but he still brings to the table a very mobile QB that could take off on your defense at any time, if you decide to throw a massive coverage D at him(All the guy does is win, like him of not), and if the QB is Feeley, then that means that he proved to be as good or better in Camp then Fiedler, so now we have a QB that can do everything Feidler can do (Except run with the ball), with better accuracy, and with a better arm. I think we are pretty much in the same or better situation here, then we were last year.

Trekbiz said:
A team that has a completely unproven and inexperienced OL....
Actually the only position that will have no experience is R-Guard, and maybe (Big maybe) R-tackle, all the others have experience, but it also makes this a much younger O-line, and healthier O-line.

Trekbiz said:
No, instead, why don't you stop giving opinions, when you are so ignorant to the subject you are talking about. You have proven to be pretty clueless, but keep it up, your pretty funny (Enter Joe Pesci..Funny in what way?...). :lol:

Trekbiz said:
Chambers, Chris
McMichael, Randy
Taylor, Jason
Konrad, Rob
Morris, Sammy
Minor, Travis
Chester, Larry
Bowens, Tim
Zgonina, Jeff
Greenwood, Morlon
Thomas, Zach
Seau, Junior
Surtain, Patrick
Bua, Tony
Poole, Will
Madison, Sam
Knight, Sammy
Bell, Yeremiah
Turk, Matt
Mare, Olindo
Pope, Derrick
Moore, Eddie
Bowens, David
James, Jeno
McKinney, Seth
McIntosh, Damion
Perry, Ed

And hopefully coming soon...
Ogunleye, Adewale

Yea, I guess you are right, Miami has no talent to contend with, what were we think.:roflmao:

Trekbiz said:
Could be because no matter what, no matter what problems hit us, Miami is always competitive (They are the winningest Organization since 1970 after all), but thanks for coming by, and giving us your unenlightened views. :lol:

tay0365 said:
That ran for 3.5 yards a carry, yea, we will not find anyone that can do that.:shakeno:

But yet, without having that WR last year, and having a Premier RB who ran only for 3.5 yards a carry, we still won 10 games, and if Feidler had not gone down, we might have won 1-2 games more. :rolleyes:

LOL, interesting how you equate Ricky's ypc as the sum of his contribution to the fins. Sure, on the surface people will say that type of production can be replaced easily.
However, given that Ricky translated into the bulk of our offense AND he was the main threat every single defense we faced geared up to stop at all costs, REALITY suggests that he will be more difficult to replace than you propose.

jesusfreak26 said:
Well I have to say looking at this and not being a homer that people can say what they want to say. If you look at the patriots over the past few years they are pretty much the same only they have won 2 superbowls. I know people keep saying don't compare us to the patriots but when Bledsoe got hurt who was Tom Brady? They have won with Tom Brady, Kevin Faulk, David Givens? Deion Branch? Asante Sameul? and the list goes on. No one expected the Patriots to compete for the superbowl last year. They lost Milloy to the Bills, Colvin out for the season. Still a mediocre running game other injurys on defense that slated 2 rookies Samuel and Poole to get a lot of playing time. The team pulled together and won the superbowl. So yes we have lost a running back that was 38% of our offseason and a Boston who we had big hopes for. Somebody needs to step up and will step up. The thing that puzzles me is that a team that went 10-6 last year and barely missed the playoffs would be considered by many one of the worst teams in football this year because we lost our starting RB and a WR that has never even played a down for a teams that hasn't yet either. We basically have the same offense that we had last year and I believe getting Howard and drafting Poole makes our defense better than last year. I mean we only lost Marion, Buckley, and Fletcher. So with that being said these reporters can set here and say what they want to say. I am glad that nothing is expected of us this year. But many people will be surprized when it is all said and done and I can't wait to see what hey will write about then.
Where that comparison breaks down is coaching. If Belichick were your coach I would still be nervous about playing you. Boston is irrelevant, he never player a down, his loss is a wash. But Ricky created problems for defenses, he had to be accounted for in a game plan. If I were another coach playing the Dolphins the game plan just got simpler. Now, I don't have to focus so much on stopping the run, no more eight in the box. The loss of Ricky can be put this way: every team just gained another defender on almost every down.

Can Wannstedt overcome that? I don't think he can. If Minor steps up and has a huge year, the Dolphins are basically the same opponent that teams faced last year, without too many additional wrinkles. They will fine tune the game plans they used against you last year. If Minor is less effective than Ricky, well then it is easier still.

Superself said:
LOL, interesting how you equate Ricky's ypc as the sum of his contribution to the fins. Sure, on the surface people will say that type of production can be replaced easily.
However, given that Ricky translated into the bulk of our offense AND he was the main threat every single defense we faced geared up to stop at all costs, REALITY suggests that he will be more difficult to replace than you propose.

Not saying that he will not be tough to replace, because he will, what I am saying is that we won 10 games with Ganja Boy averaging 3.5.....Why? because the main reason for Miami's success is their Defense, and this year, it has become better...On paper at least.

Back
Top Bottom