Even more disrespect from the media.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even more disrespect from the media..

tay0365 said:
That ran for 3.5 yards a carry, yea, we will not find anyone that can do that.:shakeno:

But yet, without having that WR last year, and having a Premier RB who ran only for 3.5 yards a carry, we still won 10 games, and if Feidler had not gone down, we might have won 1-2 games more. :rolleyes:

If Feidler is in, we are limited at throwing the ball, but he still brings to the table a very mobile QB that could take off on your defense at any time, if you decide to throw a massive coverage D at him(All the guy does is win, like him of not), and if the QB is Feeley, then that means that he proved to be as good or better in Camp then Fiedler, so now we have a QB that can do everything Feidler can do (Except run with the ball), with better accuracy, and with a better arm. I think we are pretty much in the same or better situation here, then we were last year.

Actually the only position that will have no experience is R-Guard, and maybe (Big maybe) R-tackle, all the others have experience, but it also makes this a much younger O-line, and healthier O-line.

No, instead, why don't you stop giving opinions, when you are so ignorant to the subject you are talking about. You have proven to be pretty clueless, but keep it up, your pretty funny (Enter Joe Pesci..Funny in what way?...). :lol:

Chambers, Chris
McMichael, Randy
Taylor, Jason
Konrad, Rob
Morris, Sammy
Minor, Travis
Chester, Larry
Bowens, Tim
Zgonina, Jeff
Greenwood, Morlon
Thomas, Zach
Seau, Junior
Surtain, Patrick
Bua, Tony
Poole, Will
Madison, Sam
Knight, Sammy
Bell, Yeremiah
Turk, Matt
Mare, Olindo
Pope, Derrick
Moore, Eddie
Bowens, David
James, Jeno
McKinney, Seth
McIntosh, Damion
Perry, Ed

And hopefully coming soon...
Ogunleye, Adewale

Yea, I guess you are right, Miami has no talent to contend with, what were we think.:roflmao:

Could be because no matter what, no matter what problems hit us, Miami is always competitive (They are the winningest Organization since 1970 after all), but thanks for coming by, and giving us your unenlightened views. :lol:

This is a prime example of the ignorance you can find on this board.....
It's quite comical if not scary. :goof:

No one is saying this team can't compete and dosent have GREAT talent on D.
That's obvious. Great argument there ...... duh! The question that is causing all the national media opinions which you are having a hissy fit over is whether this team can fill gaping holes on the offensive side of the ball to actually compete well.

Your argument for Ricky Williams is histerical. He avg. 3.5 yds per carry because everyone in the league knew Ricky was getting the ball, we had no offensive line and just like every year Jay has been here defenses stack the line against the run because they know odds are very against Jay Fiedler burning the D for a big play.

But lets just overlook that obvious point.
You equated Ricky's talent to his YPC avg. for one year???
Just a month ago there were threads on here arguing whether Ricky 5th best RB or the best RB in the league which you probably were in on. Now that he's not here your posting that Ricky was no big deal and Travis Minor is going to fill his shoes without any dropoff in production. :roflmao:

Yea I'm frigging clueless right?

OL you say the only question mark is RG....
:roflmao:
Keep digging your own grave. You are a friggin joke.
LT Wade Smith: Did well for a rookie but not well enough to be a solid player yet. Gave up some key sacks and got pushed around. Normal for a rookie NOT a starting LT. He is still a question mark since we have no idea how much he has improved.

LT Jeno James: ONLY position that isn't a question mark.
C: Mckinney is still unproven as well. He couldn't take the starting job last year despite the Fins giving him every opportunity. He had huge problems with reading defenses, calling stunts, making adjustments etc.
Still a question mark until we see game play.....

Can you keep up with all this "smart guy"?
I know I have no idea what I'm talking about but just humor me there genious.

RG: Completely unknown. We have no idea who's going to start or how good they are going to be. Care to argue that?

RT: Completely unknown as well. We have a jouneyman that has looked mediocre at best in St.Clair, an injured guy in Mcintosh that won't even be ready on time for the season and a rookie.

Wow I can really see where all the media would look at the above and see a team ready to break into a Super Bowl run...... :roflmao:

QB: see the post on Ricky. Even if you think Jay is great it dosen't matter.
Losing Ricky will only make it much easier for Defenses to stop what little passing game we already had. One less big weapon needed to worry about.
This team is down to 1 established big play receiver with the loss of Boston.
Yet another big play weapon defenses dont' have to worry about.

Go ask a D Coordinator if that is an "ignorant" statement.

The offense is a complete question mark. That is fact.
Yet guys like you hugging your little TD Dolphin dolls come on here and rip everyone with any objectivity whatsoever. You are only showing your "ignorance" and "cluelessness"

Congrats

You want to discuss something then fine, bring a good argument to the table.

Next time you want to call someone clueless and ignorant just go to the mirror and look in it. There's your man!

For the record I do think this team is going to be just fine.
Good shot at a playoff spot but not good enough to compete with the elite teams. That being said you can't rip the analysts that are pointing out obvious question marks on this team and be mad about it. They are valid.

Trekbiz said:
Disrespect??? Hello anybody in there?

Quit being such extreme homers!

Some of you guys flip out constantly over any writer that dosen't envision a Dolphin dynasty ready to destroy the league. :lol:

Yeah, I really envision a "dolphin dynasty destroying the league". :shakeno: ..that's what I said.

I don't where to begin with a guy like you. First of all, I don't appreciate the insult..that is uncalled for.

Who said that I flipped out? I don't really care that much about what the media is saying...I just find it funny how Miami is now a doormat in the eyes of many when they have consistently been a playoff contender year in and year out.

The guy is basically saying that Miami is no match for the Bills. Do you agree with that? As an intelligent football fan, are you going to say that the Dolphins have become so pathetic that they can't compete with the powerhouse Bills?

Anyone who disagrees with a negative view of the Dolphins is not an "extreme homer" as you put it. I'm just saying that it's not impossible that Miami still does something this year.

Trekbiz said:

Before you started attacking ppl you should have realized that what you said here..is the only point I was trying to make!...that they can still compete with alot of teams, the Bills included.

I found it humorous that ANYONE..media or otherwise, thought that Miami should be an afterthought..and I was just making a point that I hope the Fins make them eat their words.

Does that make me "an extreme homer"?

Btw, Superself & Dredd1050..you misunderstood the point of the post..it was just aimed at competing with the Bills..not Miami winning the division OR making the playoffs.

Trekbiz said:
This is a prime example of the ignorance you can find on this board.....
It's quite comical if not scary. :goof:

That's obvious. Great argument there ...... duh! The question that is causing all the national media opinions which you are having a hissy fit over is whether this team can fill gaping holes on the offensive side of the ball to actually compete well.
You mean like the hole we had the year before we got Ricky, and still went to the playoffs?

Trekbiz said:
Your argument for Ricky Williams is histerical. He avg. 3.5 yds per carry because everyone in the league knew Ricky was getting the ball, we had no offensive line and just like every year Jay has been here defenses stack the line against the run because they know odds are very against Jay Fiedler burning the D for a big play.
Trek, what you have to understand is, even with Jay in there (And yes, I am no fan of his) Miami does not have to score on every series, Jay does not have to force any passes. This is the Luxury of having a top defense, they keep you in games. Would Miami be better off with Ricky's power game...yes, but it is not like Ricky was Running hard last year (He wasn't), he was very up and down, nowhere near how he was the year before.

With Minor or Morris, we at the very least will be able to keep them honest, and Minor imo, has the talent to take one all the way at any moment.

Trekbiz said:
But lets just overlook that obvious point.
You equated Ricky's talent to his YPC avg. for one year???
Just a month ago there were threads on here arguing whether Ricky 5th best RB or the best RB in the league which you probably were in on. Now that he's not here your posting that Ricky was no big deal and Travis Minor is going to fill his shoes without any dropoff in production. :roflmao:
I Think the guy is an awsome talent,a nd I am not saying that what Ricky did goes to his 3.5 average. If we had Ricky on this team, I would be saying that we would have a good chance at reaching the Superbowl, without him, I think unless Feeley makes believers of all of us, we might just barely reach the playoffs, and then get killed. What I said was that last years we had a RB that rushed for 3.5 yards a carry, and we were very predictible, and we still won 10 games, before Ricky came to us, we Reached the playoffs, so there is way more to this team, then just Ricky Williams.

Trekbiz said:
Yea I'm frigging clueless right?

OL you say the only question mark is RG....
:roflmao:
Keep digging your own grave. You are a friggin joke.
LT Wade Smith: Did well for a rookie but not well enough to be a solid player yet. Gave up some key sacks and got pushed around. Normal for a rookie NOT a starting LT. He is still a question mark since we have no idea how much he has improved.

LT Jeno James: ONLY position that isn't a question mark.
C: Mckinney is still unproven as well. He couldn't take the starting job last year despite the Fins giving him every opportunity. He had huge problems with reading defenses, calling stunts, making adjustments etc.
Still a question mark until we see game play.....
If you go back with what you wrote, you said our O-line was......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekbiz
A team that has a completely unproven and inexperienced OL....

All I said is that the only place that there will be no expierience is at R-Guard, and if you consider that everyone on Our team has started some games except the person that will be at R-Guard, I believe I am right. As for the question will these guys be effective, unless you can read the future, niether of us can be 100% sure of that. People are knocking St Clair, Yet I remember a guy a few years ago that was washed up, and really never live up to being the player people thought he would be, his name was Jamie Nails, and I believe he had a pretty good season for us.

Trekbiz said:
Can you keep up with all this "smart guy"?
I know I have no idea what I'm talking about but just humor me there genious.

RG: Completely unknown. We have no idea who's going to start or how good they are going to be. Care to argue that?

RT: Completely unknown as well. We have a jouneyman that has looked mediocre at best in St.Clair, an injured guy in Mcintosh that won't even be ready on time for the season and a rookie
St Clair was drafted as a Center, is not a complete unknown by the way, and like I said before, could be good enough to get the job done, or better like Jamie Nails did. Niether of us really knows how good he will be, but my reply to you was just on expierience, and he does have some.

Trekbiz said:
Wow I can really see where all the media would look at the above and see a team ready to break into a Super Bowl run...... :roflmao:
Nobody is calling this team superbowl worthy...yet, after the season is 3-4 games old, then we will see how good they are. What some were saying was, that some writers just because we lost Ricky (A RB that really did not do as much for us last year as some may think), and David Boston (A reciever that was not here last year), our season is shot, and something that you seem to read, and believe without an ounce of research of your own. There is more to this team then those two.

Trekbiz said:
QB: see the post on Ricky. Even if you think Jay is great it dosen't matter.
Losing Ricky will only make it much easier for Defenses to stop what little passing game we already had. One less big weapon needed to worry about.
This team is down to 1 established big play receiver with the loss of Boston.
Yet another big play weapon defenses dont' have to worry about.

Go ask a D Coordinator if that is an "ignorant" statement.
Don't have to ask, I know from what I have read and seem with my own eyes that at worse if we have Jay Fiedler, he is the very limited QB, that has a better then 3/1 ratio on his wins and loses. And if it is Feeley, we get a QB that has a better arm, and is more accurate then Jay Fieldler.

Trekbiz said:
The offense is a complete question mark. That is fact.
Yet guys like you hugging your little TD Dolphin dolls come on here and rip everyone with any objectivity whatsoever. You are only showing your "ignorance" and "cluelessness"
I am Ripping no one do not forget, it was you that started ripping people here, I just took exception to that, and proved how full of it you are.

Trekbiz said:
Congrats

You want to discuss something then fine, bring a good argument to the table."
I did, it just seemed to go over your head.:roflmao:

Define "we're always competitive." Competitive to make the playoffs maybe, but you haven't been competitve to do anything in the playoffs for over a decade.

CirclingWagons said:
Define "we're always competitive." Competitive to make the playoffs maybe, but you haven't been competitve to do anything in the playoffs for over a decade.
But they have been competitive, besides, would it have been better for Miami to go to 4 superbowls in a row and lose all of them, now that would really be rough, and I hope no fan has to ever go through....oh wait, sorry Circling:roflmao:

CirclingWagons said:

Man I hate when you are right!

tay0365 said:
But they have been competitive, besides, would it have been better for Miami to go to 4 superbowls in a row and lose all of them, now that would really be rough, and I hope no fan has to ever go through....oh wait, sorry Circling:roflmao:
What was marino doing during those four years?...looking up at us.

btw, Buffalo losing 4 sbs still doesn't change the fact that your team hasn't been on the radar for 20 years(12 if you're looking at championship appearance)

Here's a message to the media, and all the naysayer's out there. When the season start's the Miami Dolphin's will rise to the occassion. The media loves to exploit the negative. I say to that, games are won on the field, not in the newspaper. The Dolphins may have had a couple of setbacks, but we won't lay down for anyone, go miami!!!!!!!

catfish said:
Here's a message to the media, and all the naysayer's out there. When the season start's the Miami Dolphin's will rise to the occassion. The media loves to exploit the negative. I say to that, games are won on the field, not in the newspaper. The Dolphins may have had a couple of setbacks, but we won't lay down for anyone, go miami!!!!!!!
"but we won't lay down for anyone"...until December

tay0365 said:
Trek, what you have to understand is, even with Jay in there (And yes, I am no fan of his) Miami does not have to score on every series, Jay does not have to force any passes. This is the Luxury of having a top defense, they keep you in games. Would Miami be better off with Ricky's power game...yes, but it is not like Ricky was Running hard last year (He wasn't), he was very up and down, nowhere near how he was the year before.

What you don't seem to see is that without Ricky, teams now will set fire onto our QBs butt like we have NEVER seen!! Inject our adjusting offensive line and you have a recipe for disaster.
If Wanny coaches this team above 8 wins, he has saved his job PERIOD!!

BTW, I'm unsure of Minor's ability to handle the load of a 20 carry a game back. Hopefully he can do it.

CirclingWagons said:

Competitive to make the playoffs. That's all I meant.

Back
Top Bottom