Everything is gonna be alright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything is gonna be alright

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly believe that a trade is not necessary to fill the void left by Ricky. Obviously, we will probably not be able to match Ricky's production with what we have right now but paying a steep price for a 2nd tier back probably wouldn't either. In fact if we wait til mid or late August, we'll probably be able to sign a back from some team that is deep at RB for late round pick or for nothing at all. Again, I don't believe that one of those late August trades will yield us a starter but it will yield quality depth. If we can pass the ball better than last year, we'll be better as a team even without Ricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
but the fact is is that spielman is checking out the whole league right now and weighing offers.

i think it's best to wait and see .. i truly believe miami should wait till the offseason to sign or draft a RB ... unfortunately for maimi ... ricky left at the most inappropriate time .. leaving the team with pratically no options.. and the other teams know this and will try to rip miami off in a trade .. i say use the addition cap money from williams retirement to sign both chambers and o-gun to long term contracts ... and go into the season with what is on the roster .. unless miami can sign someone from the scrap heep and use minor and henry for the season .. i agree things will be ok .. although i don't see another 10 - 6 season or 11 - 5!!! i feel it it will be somewhere from 7 - 9 to 9 -7 ... i hope that wanny can pull what he did when he 1st came here using lamar smith and no-one else on offense and took the team to 2 straight 11 - 5 seasons ... i hope he has that kinda magic left in him ... if he somehow can pull this team together .. things will be just fine .. i just hope spielman doesn't pull the panic button ..

Back
Top Bottom