Exibition Games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Exibition Games

!PapaCrunk81!

'Cocaine and Toupes'
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
NFL | All 65 Exhibition Games To Be Televised - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 14:33:18 -0700

The Associated Press reports all of the NFL's 65 exhibition games for the 2004 season will be available on television for the first time. The NFL's four network partners – ABC, CBS, ESPN and Fox – will show 11 exhibition games, and NFL Network will broadcast the other 54. Some NFL Network games will be shown on tape delay during the four weeks of exhibition play.

Viva la NFL Network! Viva la NFL Network!

If this is true, then I finally have to give the NFL credit.

I've been complaining about this for years - the fact that we can buy the sunday ticket and get all the regular season games, but if you live in a different state, you will miss some of the preseason games because of ridiculous black out rules that wouldn't affect those of us out of state.

I always thought they should offer a preseason package to fans (wherever they are in the world) and they would sell like crazy, because most of us want to see every single snap - preseason included.

I hope this is true. It would be a real coup for the NFL and its fans. Any more corroboration?

:party: :hi5: :thewave:

I'll finally be able to see every preseason game. I have NFL Sunday Ticket, but sadly the Ticket never included preseason.

Neither Cox nor Comcast do.

I'm not positive, but I heard that both wanted to charge extra to their customers for it but the NFL said no to the first few seasons to build up a comsumer base.

Who knows.

Well, I know its a violation of copyight law, but I might be able to offload some high quality recordings of the game from my Tivo, and host them online, if someone can give up some hosting space.

IceStorm said:
Neither Cox nor Comcast do.

I'm not positive, but I heard that both wanted to charge extra to their customers for it but the NFL said no to the first few seasons to build up a comsumer base.

Who knows.

My speculation has always been that regulation is the cause of the delay. Cable systems are regulated by their franchising authority (usually your city). The cable companies cannot just add costs to your bill. I think to keep "the good will" cable companies wait to present a package of new programming to it's franchisees. It's not as simple as approaching your city and saying, "Hey the nfl network is on. We need two more bucks a month to cover the costs."

Look at the old farts on your city council. Do you think they give a damn?

Very soon though I think you will see some of your programming replaced or new programming added. Either way cable companies want the NFL Network on TV. Football caters to the demographic that advertisers desire.

Back
Top Bottom