• Jets

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Patriots

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
Which of the teams in our divison, are facing the highest expectations and the most pressure? IMO is the Jets afterall they were only a kick away from the AFC Championship and they are a good team.

Jets... Pressure doesnt get to the Pats, plus, the fans are still on a high from 3 SBs in 4 years so I doubt they care if they botch a season..

The Defending champs have the highest expectations for next year, of course their sights are set on a repeat. So I think they have the most pressure on them. But as Skape said, they are better equipped to deal with the pressure. I think the Jets are the most apt to choke, they got pretty far last year on smoke and mirrors. As for the Fins and Bills, not many outside of their respective fanbases expect too much out of either team.

IMO either the Jets or the Bills are due for a disappointing season.The Bills season depends on how Losman plays so I pick them to have a poorer than expected season.

CrunchTime said:
IMO either the Jets or the Bills are due for a disappointing season.The Bills season depends on how Losman plays so I pick them to have a poorer than expected season.

Good answer if that was the question. :shakeno:

Anyways of course it is the Pats, defending champs defending the crown. Every team is gunning for them every week they have the most pressure week in and week out.

Plus they are going to want to show that they can succeed without Crennel and Weiss and the many people want to see them fail, so again the Pats easily have the most pressure in the division.

jets will have alot of pressure in 2005 not only will jay fiedler be there qb because pennington will get hurt yet again....and also k ted mike nugent must win at least 5-6 games to prove he wasnt a wasted pick in the 2nd round?!bills pats also face pressure but not like gang green.2005 afc east standings 1.miami 12-4 2. pats 9-7 3.jets 8-8 bills 7-9!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jets have the most pressure. Chad Pennington needs to prove that he can stay healthy and play well over an entire year. Curtis Martin is not getting any younger and they've lost his replacement with Lamont Jordan going to the Raiders. The defense has to be strong and Coles needs to prove that he wasn't an ill-advised trade.

Pat's are expected to take steps back after loosing their coordinators. Buffalo is expected to experience growing pains with Losman. And Miami is still a year or so a way from threatening in the division so no pressure there.

Pats with Jets as a very close second.

Being the Champ (3 times) has huge pressure, everyone expects you to do the same again and be the same team. The Pats have the most pressure.

The Jets are under a different type of pressure of proving who they are and making a real solid run for the big game. Chad does have something to prove as a comeback after huge surgery and Herm, who has gotten his team into the playoffs 3 out of 4 years, has to prove he can take his team to the next level.

BZ

Id have to say the Patriots. Anytime you've just won back to back superbowls, the pressure is on your even more to see if you can threepeat, plus the loss of Wiess and others, they have to have the most pressure on them to suceed.

TakeoSpikes51 said:
Id have to say the Patriots. Anytime you've just won back to back superbowls, the pressure is on your even more to see if you can threepeat, plus the loss of Wiess and others, they have to have the most pressure on them to suceed.

Agreed, with a Bills fan....:yell:

I see your points about the Pats, and I guess there is pressure, but it a different kind of pressure than you guys (AFCE) face.

Pats - Face pressure to win 4 out of the last 5, including three-peat which has never been done.

Jets - Face pressure to win with arguably their best team in decades. Haven't won since Super Bowl III. More pressure from their fanbase than anything. Pressure on Herm Edwards to finally win.

Bills - Face pressure on their front office to finally win a Super Bowl. Have one of the NFL's best defense, but a young offense. Again, pressure from the fans.

Fins - Pressure on their new coach (unfair?) from an unpatient fanbase. Not expected to do much in his first year so their pressure is the least.

Overall, I'd say the Jets. Pats have already won it, so their pressure is to do something that has never been done. Bills & Fins face less pressure due to their current teams. The Jets are now ready to win it all, but Herm has a reputation for falling apart in the big games. With the talent they have, they should do it now. Pressure is on them.

GreenMonster said:
Agreed, with a Bills fan....:yell:

Hey now, I've agreed with Phins fans before! Im not here to start trouble or anything, I just like chattin football with other NFL fans ya know?

Dirtywater said:
I see your points about the Pats, and I guess there is pressure, but it a different kind of pressure than you guys (AFCE) face.

Pats - Face pressure to win 4 out of the last 5, including three-peat which has never been done.

Jets - Face pressure to win with arguably their best team in decades. Haven't won since Super Bowl III. More pressure from their fanbase than anything. Pressure on Herm Edwards to finally win.

Bills - Face pressure on their front office to finally win a Super Bowl. Have one of the NFL's best defense, but a young offense. Again, pressure from the fans.

Fins - Pressure on their new coach (unfair?) from an unpatient fanbase. Not expected to do much in his first year so their pressure is the least.

Overall, I'd say the Jets. Pats have already won it, so their pressure is to do something that has never been done. Bills & Fins face less pressure due to their current teams. The Jets are now ready to win it all, but Herm has a reputation for falling apart in the big games. With the talent they have, they should do it now. Pressure is on them.

I agree with almost everything there, no I might be even changing my opinion, I never thought of it that way, I guess the Jets really do have the most pressure, your 100% right on the Pats trying to do something thats never been done before, its not that much pressure, nice post.

The Bills FO face a lot of pressure from the fans.

Nationally, well no one really expects any AFCE team to go deep into the playoffs other than the Pats. If the Pats don't, who cares? They already got their dynasty status.

TakeoSpikes51 said:
Hey now, I've agreed with Phins fans before! Im not here to start trouble or anything, I just like chattin football with other NFL fans ya know?

I love chatting with Bills fans, but that doesn't mean I like Bills. I would much rather agree with Dolphins fans...

Back
Top Bottom