Expert Opinion on Boston's Injury | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expert Opinion on Boston's Injury

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Gentlemen, if it is true that Boston walked after the injury as reported by the miami herald then he did not rupture the patellar tendon, more then likely he stretched it alittle too far and the quad muscle fired as a reflex. You can not walk unless you are not human without the patellar tendon attached to the lower leg. The tendon does have descent blood supply so he should be ok for the season, i would say out about four weeks or less.

Lets hope that the report of him walking but with a limp are true. And all of us need to pray to a higher power to lift this cloud away from our team

thanks Bonedoc...I hope your analysis is as close to accurate as possible.

Cannonboy said:
I hope you are right doc. This season is BECOMING a nightmare already,

BECOMING ??????????????????????????

I just wish this season would begin already. This offseason is killing me. :shakeno: :cry: :shakeno:

It's ridiculous. Bellamy, Thompson, Wilkens and even Chambers all tweaked their hammies and sat out portions of the afternoon practice.

Bonedoc7777 said:
Gentlemen, if it is true that Boston walked after the injury as reported by the miami herald then he did not rupture the patellar tendon, more then likely he stretched it alittle too far and the quad muscle fired as a reflex. You can not walk unless you are not human without the patellar tendon attached to the lower leg. The tendon does have descent blood supply so he should be ok for the season, i would say out about four weeks or less.

Lets hope that the report of him walking but with a limp are true. And all of us need to pray to a higher power to lift this cloud away from our team

I concur!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=42817

Bonedoc7777 said:

I sure hope you're right, I saw a guy happily walk from the field with a broken leg before...lol...let's just hope he's ok :)

You can walk with a broke leg, depending upon how severe the break is. It may be painful, but it is possible.

With a ruptured patellar tendon, you absolutely cannot walk. The knee will not be stable enough to even stand up.

darkmistress said:
I sure hope you're right, I saw a guy happily walk from the field with a broken leg before...lol...let's just hope he's ok :)
Thankfully a broken leg and a ruptured petellar are completly different. You can't walk when the main tendon that connects the front upper half of the leg to the front lower half is completly serperated from one or the other.

Now lets just pray that the Miami Herald report was correct and he did infact limp off the field.

Back
Top Bottom