"Expert" Predictions start coming in for Week 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Expert" Predictions start coming in for Week 1

No Ed Reed in that game. That's huge! Still.... I have no faith in Dirty Sanchez. He will be the one to hold that team back all year long.

In this Any Given Sunday League our team plays in....any scenario is possible...even one I dare not think about....

Boldin, Housh and Mason are one of the best 1-3 WR combos in the entire league. You disagree?

Don't forget, they also have Todd Heap...but when he inevitably goes down, they drafted 2 promising tight ends in Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta. For all the hype the Patriots are getting about adding their tight ends, the Ravens seem much more solid an offense. This is a team that can beat you at every aspect: Passing game struggles they can run it, running game struggles they have more then enough weapons to pass it, entire offense struggles their defense can still control the line and rush the passer.

Its going to be on Sanchez to keep up the score against the Ravens, and i just dont think he will pull it off.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/09/07/playbook-picks-texans-over-colts-in-week-1/

Joe Theismann and Brian Billick pick the Dolphins, while Sterling Sharpe must be smoking something as he picked the Bills. Here are their picks for the other two AFC East games:

Bengals at Patriots
Sharpe: Bengals
Theismann: Patriots
Billick: Patriots

Ravens at Jets
Sharpe: Ravens
Theismann: Ravens
Billick: Ravens

Why is sharp smoking something because he is picking the Bills? I think anyone who thinks this will be a cake walk game, and Miami is garaunteed to win, is smoking something harsher than Sharp is... (Should we all think we are garaunteed to win this game because we have proven we can win at Ralph Wilson the past 6 years?)

IMO, I believe we win this game, but not by much, and I get the feeling Buffalo will carve up our secondary - but we will still win a close game.. maybe by 4 points or less.

The reality of the situation for Jet fans is that their team may be coming to Miami at 0-2 fighting to keep their season alive! How great would it be if Miami all but dumps the dirt on them by handing them their 3rd loss to drop them to 0-3?

A lot of jets fans have themselves penciled in to lose. Honestly, I don't get the love for the ravens. Outside of boldin, they're weak at WR. They have no secondary whatsoever. Their draft picks are either too fat or too broken to play a snap.

Thats a pretty bad statement. Mason has had 1k yards every year but one with Baltimore and last year he had 7 TD's - all while being injured.

To call a team that bosts Boldin (1), Mason (2) and Housh (3) a weak WR core, is pretty uninformed.

The Ravens have already been annointed as the AFC team in the Super Bowl this year and I think their hype is a bit over the top. Their defense was mediocre last year without Ed Reed and now he starting on the PUP list. Their Run D is still very good, but as others have said on here there secondary is shaky at best (especially without Ed Reed). They do have a lot of weapons on offense and I agree Flacco takes the next step this year, but I still think the Colts, Bengals, and Pats are front runners for the AFC this year.

The Colts defense is incredibly underrated. Bethea and Sanders along with Freeney and Mathis (Jerry Hughes adds nice depth) makes this pass D one of the best in the league. Their Run D certainly has holes but with their Pass D and their offense being as good as it is, I still think they have to be the front runner.

The Bengals offense got better with the addition of TO and their defense was their strength last year. I think if the Bengals offense takes the big step and becomes what they should be, this could be the most complete team in the NFL.

Brady will always make the Pats dangerous and as long as Moss isn't blowing up the team due to his un-happiness or Welker isn't re-injuring his knee, the Pats offense will continue to be deadly. Defensively, they have gotten younger and Bellichek has always proven he can at least field a serviceable D even without the star players (although Mayo will prove this year he is one of the best MLB's in the game).

I think the Phins are right on the cusp in the AFC to go along with the Jets, Texans, Chargers, and Ravens. The Steelers need to start at least 2-2 while Roethlisberger is out or I can see them struggling and the loss of Holmes will also be tough on that offense even once Ben is back.

In conclusion, the Ravens in my opinion are not nearly as good as they have been touted to be. Flacco will need to take the next step (which is very possible) and more importantly, they need to figure out how to fix their secondary (not as likely) for them to be a favorite in the AFC.

As for the game on Monday night, I think the Jets being at home on MNF will give them the lift they need to beat the Ravens. This just seems like one of those games where both teams are very close in overall talent and ability and the home team prevails in the end.

I believe the key to the Jets/Ravens game is going to be the effectiveness of Jason Taylor.... I really think a team that can go 3 wide with Boldin, Mason, and Housh, with Heap in at TE and Ray Rice in the back field is a matchup nightmare for any team. Housh or Mason will be going one on one with Kyle Wilson if Rexy still wants to bring the types of blitz schemes he's accustom to bringing. With arguably their best pass rusher out of the game in Calvin Pace, JT is going to have to get consistent pressure on Flacco on his own to lessen the need to send a safety or corner. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ray Rice have more yards receiving than rushing Monday Night and I think the rushing games are going to be a push when it comes to overall effectiveness so the QB that can make plays as opposed to limiting mistakes is going to win the game....... And that is not Sanchez's strong point.

Ravens will dominate I dont think its a debate, Sanchez will throw 3 INTs and their running game will be shut down. Could be looking at a shut out. the Bengals can present the Patriots with a very good game. I say Patriots win by a FG

Penny vs Brunell in wk 3!! KIDDING!!

Shannon Sharpe sounds like he talks with marbles in his mouth.

0-3 doesnt end a season...you guys taught me that last year...thanks

It all but does if 2 of those three loses are against division rivals. Unless they run the table and believe me, they won't. They will need to go 10-3 in the final 13 to even sniff a playoff spot.....not a shot.

At some point, we have to take a step back and say this is f'ing football. Now let's get some goddamn snacks.

Back
Top Bottom