FA Questionaire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FA Questionaire

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
I did a draft questionnaire a little while ago
http://finheaven.com/threads/questionaire.344944/
http://finheaven.com/threads/questionaire.344944/
The purpose was to rate our draft picks since 2015 (beginning of the Tannenbaum/Grier/Gase regime) as keep (K) or let go (L). With those who responded we had a 75% and above Keep rate.

Now we do a FA signing questionnaire. I only did the pickups via trade or FA. No resigning. I also did not go through the post draft undrafted free agent signing. We are not looking for probowlers or franchise players. It is about who can/could be useful. Keep (K) or Let Go (L).

• Louis Delmas
  • Jordan Cameron
  • Ndamukong Suh
  • Lawrence Timmons
  • Julius Thomas (via trade)
  • Nate Allan
  • William Hayes (via trade)
  • Anthony Fasano
  • Ted Larsen

• JD Walton (gone)
  • Brice McCain (gone)

- Byron Maxwell - D
- Kiko Alonso - D
- Andre Branch - C-
- Jermon Bushrod - C
- Jay Cutler - D
- Anthony Steen - C
- Stephone Anthony - D
- Rey Maualuga - F

- Louis Delmas - B
- Jordan Cameron - F
- Ndamukong Suh - B+
- Lawrence Timmons - D
- Julius Thomas - D
- Nate Allen - C-
- William Hayes - B
- Anthony Fasano - C
- Ted Larsen - C

Delmas was good before the injury and I'd take Hayes back cheap but you can have em all. Suh is money but that contract makes no sense on a team littered with so many holes.

- Byron Maxwell - D
- Kiko Alonso - D
- Andre Branch - C-
- Jermon Bushrod - C
- Jay Cutler - D
- Anthony Steen - C
- Stephone Anthony - D
- Rey Maualuga - F

- Louis Delmas - B
- Jordan Cameron - F
- Ndamukong Suh - B+
- Lawrence Timmons - D
- Julius Thomas - D
- Nate Allen - C-
- William Hayes - B
- Anthony Fasano - C
- Ted Larsen - C

Delmas was good before the injury and I'd take Hayes back cheap but you can have em all. Suh is money but that contract makes no sense on a team littered with so many holes.
I echo this grading for the most part. Only keepers for me are Suh and Rutherford B Hayes.

- Mario Williams - F
- Knowshon Moreno - C- (injury) --- can't remember if Tbum was here in 2014. Take him off if not
- Branden Albert - B-
- Mike Wallace - C-

Did you forget a whole lot of people or am I not getting it like at all?

A little off topic, but the Dolphins are a walking poster of what not to do while trying to build an NFL roster.

- Mario Williams - F
- Knowshon Moreno - C- (injury) --- can't remember if Tbum was here in 2014. Take him off if not
- Branden Albert - B-
- Mike Wallace - C-

Did you forget a whole lot of people or am I not getting it like at all?
I only went from 2015 FA period and only the FA period in March. Mike Wallace was traded away that year. Brandon was 2014.

Tannebaum was only in an advisory role in 2014. He officially started in 2015. Grier and Gase joined in 2016.

I did not include Alonso and Maxwell because they were trades before the FA signing period. That was actually my final questionnaire: Dolphins trades.:laugh

But Mr Dole already went ahead. :biggrin

Because when you look at trades you have to look at the entire trade. the players we got (grade 1), the picks we exchanged (grade 2) and the player we drafted with that traded pick (grade 3).

Last edited:
I only went from 2015 FA period and only the FA period in March. Mike Wallace was traded away that year. Brandon was 2014.

Tannebaum was only in an advisory role in 2014. He officially started in 2015. Grier and Gase joined in 2016.

Gotcha. I think overall you're gonna find that the drafts have been solid although they haven't yielded any stars ... yet. Fingers crossed for Howard and Tunsil. Free agency has pretty much been worst case scenario, though.

I honestly don't know how much influence Tbum has in the draft room but his stink is all over FA and player contracts. It will be an uphill battle until someone breaks the spell that Sauron has cast over Ross. It's a doozy.

Gotcha. I think overall you're gonna find that the drafts have been solid although they haven't yielded any stars ... yet. Fingers crossed for Howard and Tunsil. Free agency has pretty much been worst case scenario, though.

I honestly don't know how much influence Tbum has in the draft room but his stink is all over FA and player contracts. It will be an uphill battle until someone breaks the spell that Sauron has cast over Ross. It's a doozy.
It's all good. I didn't make myself clear.

We can just throw that all in. I am good with that.

My point in both of those questionnaires is the hit our current FO gets for players they have had no influence over. It seems that in the draft we did OK over the years. FA is mediocre at best. The biggest issue for me is the cap management.

- Byron Maxwell - D
- Kiko Alonso - D
- Andre Branch - C-
- Jermon Bushrod - C
- Jay Cutler - D
- Anthony Steen - C
- Stephone Anthony - D
- Rey Maualuga - F

- Louis Delmas - B
- Jordan Cameron - F
- Ndamukong Suh - B+
- Lawrence Timmons - D
- Julius Thomas - D
- Nate Allen - C-
- William Hayes - B
- Anthony Fasano - C
- Ted Larsen - C

I'll go back to that Storage Wars analogy. Too often we're fighting over mid range trash...somebody else's expendables. Six or eight times per year.

How can you be that good? How can you even pretend to convince yourself that you're anywhere near that good?

I'll continue to insist the goal in free agency should be 2-0 every year. Peg two talented guys who check logical boxes and go after them. Don't be obsessed with what position they play. You can't control who will be available.

I'm not saying we should pursue the top dollar guys ever year, the Suhs of their position. I don't know a damn thing about the salary cap. But devoting two higher salaries to fill let's say 20 or 25 million has got to have higher upside than spreading that out hodgepodge among 6-8 mediocrities.

Then you fill out the roster with veteran minimum type salaries. That seems risky until you realize we've basically received veteran minimum type performance from guys making many many multiples of that.

I'll go back to that Storage Wars analogy. Too often we're fighting over mid range trash...somebody else's expendables. Six or eight times per year.

How can you be that good? How can you even pretend to convince yourself that you're anywhere near that good?

I'll continue to insist the goal in free agency should be 2-0 every year. Peg two talented guys who check logical boxes and go after them. Don't be obsessed with what position they play. You can't control who will be available.

I'm not saying we should pursue the top dollar guys ever year, the Suhs of their position. I don't know a damn thing about the salary cap. But devoting two higher salaries to fill let's say 20 or 25 million has got to have higher upside than spreading that out hodgepodge among 6-8 mediocrities.

Then you fill out the roster with veteran minimum type salaries. That seems risky until you realize we've basically received veteran minimum type performance from guys making many many multiples of that.

BINGO..

• Louis Delmas L
  • Jordan Cameron L
  • Ndamukong Suh K
  • Lawrence Timmons L
  • Julius Thomas (via trade) L
  • Nate Allan K
  • William Hayes (via trade) K
  • Anthony Fasano L
  • Ted Larsen K

Back
Top Bottom