FAKERS Ship is sinking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FAKERS Ship is sinking

ThunderCane

CANE NATION
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/7432770

"Phil Jackson, one of the most successful coaches in NBA history, won't return as coach of the Lakers next season, his agent Todd Musberger told the Associated Press on Friday. Musberger said a joint statement would be released later."

"Also, the Lakers announced Friday that Kobe Bryant, as expected, opted out of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent."

"Apparently upset over Kupchak's remarks, O'Neal canceled his exit interview. O'Neal is under contract for two more years but could opt out after next season."

"Karl Malone has already opted out of his contract, although he hopes to play for the Lakers if healthy. Gary Payton and Derek Fisher could follow Bryant and Malone and opt out of their deals."

:roflmao:

Payton will stay, and Fisher is a team guy so I think he'll do the same.

Kobe is definately gone, and if the Lakers can get some great young players/picks for Shaq, I think they'd be smart to make a move.

I think Shaq will still be a Laker next year. As for Kobe, there aren't many teams that he could go to that could afford him without doing a sign and trade, and none of those teams are championship contenders. The Clippers could be a possibility because I've heard that he likes LA (I could be wrong) and he would be the #1 guy if he went there, but they aren't a contender and he wants to go to one.

iceblizzard69 said:
I think Shaq will still be a Laker next year. As for Kobe, there aren't many teams that he could go to that could afford him without doing a sign and trade, and none of those teams are championship contenders. The Clippers could be a possibility because I've heard that he likes LA (I could be wrong) and he would be the #1 guy if he went there, but they aren't a contender and he wants to go to one.

You sure about that? They have a very young and talented nucleus and they'd be a playoff contender, and a serious Championship contender in 2005-2006. Kobe is like 25 or 26, he can carry that franchise.

Draft Shaun Livingston at #2 and you have a line-up like this(if they were to land Kobe):

PG-Shaun Livingston
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Corey Maggette
PF-Elton Brand
C-Chris Kaman

That would also make for one of the most elite squads in the NBA. The depth would be sick with Q-Rich, Wilcox, Jaric, E-House, and Ely coming off the bench. But of course, they'd probably have to move Q-Rich, as I doubt he settles for a backup spot.

Or then again, they could play Kobe at the 3 and keep Q-Rich at the wing and move Maggette, who you'd be able to get almost any young talented player for.

well clippers look good with him in the lineup, but still, i think IF LA trades shaq, there should be enough ammo to load up the Lakers for years to come and i think kobe will be back with the lakers

ChambersOwnz84 said:
You sure about that? They have a very young and talented nucleus and they'd be a playoff contender, and a serious Championship contender in 2005-2006. Kobe is like 25 or 26, he can carry that franchise.

Draft Shaun Livingston at #2 and you have a line-up like this(if they were to land Kobe):

PG-Shaun Livingston
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Corey Maggette
PF-Elton Brand
C-Chris Kaman

That would also make for one of the most elite squads in the NBA. The depth would be sick with Q-Rich, Wilcox, Jaric, E-House, and Ely coming off the bench. But of course, they'd probably have to move Q-Rich, as I doubt he settles for a backup spot.

Or then again, they could play Kobe at the 3 and keep Q-Rich at the wing and move Maggette, who you'd be able to get almost any young talented player for.

The Clippers were really talented in 2002-2003 and they sucked then, and this year's team had some good players as well. I think the Clippers are talented and with Kobe they should be a playoff team, but I'm not sure if the Clippers are good enough for his standards.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Payton will stay, and Fisher is a team guy so I think he'll do the same.

Kobe is definately gone, and if the Lakers can get some great young players/picks for Shaq, I think they'd be smart to make a move.
I'm curious as to why you think Kobe is a goner? I think Phil leaving is a good thing, since Kobe never liked Phil anyway. I think there's a very good chance he stays (if he's not in jail).

I'm not sure what we'll do with Shaq. If we do trade him, we're probably gonna demand a king's ransom.

Back
Top Bottom