Family, players mourn slain Miami defensive lineman Bryan Pata | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Family, players mourn slain Miami defensive lineman Bryan Pata

305TillIDie

Dade County Goonz
Reaction score
MIAMI (AP) — Many wore the school colors of orange, white and green. Others filed into church wearing T-shirts with Bryan Pata's name and the words "In loving memory."
Mourners gathered for the funeral of the Miami defensive lineman Tuesday, a week after he was shot and killed outside his apartment complex.
"I never got to tell him but as a teammate, a brother and a role model, I love you man. I'll miss you, dog," said Miami defensive lineman Dwayne Hendricks, who was also Pata's roommate.
Two lines of more than 100 players walked past photo montages of Pata and a dozen floral arrangements. Some wore buttons with Pata's picture. One carried a jersey with his name. A woman sang "Amazing Grace" as football players hugged one another.
Pata, a 22-year-old senior, was fatally shot Nov. 7 outside the off-campus apartment complex where he lived. His death rocked the community and a team already facing adversity, including a wild on-field brawl, a string of losses and rumors that Coker's job is in jeopardy. No arrests have been made.
Edwin Pierre Pata honored his brother, the youngest of nine, during the funeral.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/acc/2006-11-14-pata-funeral_x.htm?csp=34

I was at the service this morning and it was hard to see Bryan laying in a casket...its hard to say goodbye to someone you know and respected

The funeral was packed..he was loved by many...R.I.P big dawg..we'll miss you

Back
Top Bottom