Fan disturbance starts here! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fan disturbance starts here!

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Face it. The disturbing rumors about athletes start right here. It's among us, the most rabid of fans. We're talking football to friends who think we're crazy in March and April. Whether it's the latest signing, the latest coach hired, or NFL rule change. We are the guilty.

So the question I think you have to ask yourself is "Am I placing to much value on the first mini camp"?

Should the ripple that Dave Wannstedt started with his comments about David Boston cause a wave? Should bleeding IN his shin be disregarded as a result of a disagreement about conditioning in San Diego? Should slow movement to a team meeting in the middle of the field be a condemnation considering an injury to a shin? Have you ever had an injury to a shin? I'm sure that geek that implied Boston had a bad attitude never has unless he tripped over his coffee table. As that group of reporters stood around "chit chatting" one takes notice of the lag behind and they run with it. It's a story. David Boston did not come to Miami with a clean slate in their eyes.

Should Jeno James get a free pass for the rest of the training camp because he worked hard without pads on and got in a fight for being a percieved too intense? Should Wade Smith be condemned for practicing with injury?

Is Tim Bowens now retirement material because he gained 35 pounds in the offseason? He's got the dead of summer to practice in full gear yet. Is the dedicated run stuffer now too fat for the job after arriving with less than 10% more weight than he finished last year with?

Is AJ Feely a bust because he doesn't know the timing of each of our receivers on the field in a playbook he hasn't EVER put to use? A playbook that contains probably a thousand plays within 40 formations that contain 50 variations of plays?????

I've seen alot of this during the past week. It's disturbing itself-the weight or value placed upon the first four days of practice. These men have been off work. It's their time. Sure they have responsibility too manage their bodies in the offseason. I'm sure that most of them probably do when compared to our cheeseburger no workout regimen. It's a job.

Professional prize fighters do not do what they do during the 6 or so months training for an upcoming fight. No reporter arrives at the fighters first day of training as they run down a path or street. All they possess on that first day of training is instinct. It's what seperates us from them and the instinct is enough to kick YOUR a$$ in the ring on that day.

I've seen it time and again on the little league field. A player arrives the first week and he's got all the right motion. The heavy kid you think is perfect for the line? "Butt down, knees bent, back straight, hands out" I bellow out. Johnny looks like crap. Billy looks like a stud. That is until they get the pads on. Then Billy gets his a$$ run over by a kid 3/4 his weight. Oh by the way nothing gets past Johnny.

Prior to the pads coming on Jimmy takes the handoff well and is in front of all when the laps are complete. Bobby lags behind half the pack has stepped on half the cones. When the pads go on Jimmy gets blown over by a puff of wind. Oh by the way as you stand behind the line of scrimmage it looks like Bobby has clear cut a forest ten yards deep into the defensive secondary.

I know this ain't little league but it's just like JT said, "Anyone can make the all Davie team."

One thing I have noticed is that many fans are starving for fins info. during this awful time. All of us are willing to grab at anything and make a story out of it. I believe alot of the negativity is a result of people who have an opinion then waiting for the slightest slip up from an individual or the team as a whole. Once that happens it is like a frenzy of piranahs swarming their victim. I think it is rather comical how seriously some of us die hard fans are taking this mini-camp. Just one of the reasons why I like this board, u get to hear literally every possible opinion about finfootbal.

I think everyone is just bored.

I haven't read one story, about one thing pertaining to the NFL, aside from the draft, that I found interesting in the last 2 months.

This is the down time for the NFL, where broken fingers and sore shoulders DOMINATE headlines.

Where Tim Rattay is front page news because of a groin injury.

Where half the stories circulating around NFL circles pertain to backup QB's.

May and June are the 2 most boring months of the year for me, its a shame baseball sucks.

Back
Top Bottom