Fasano's versatility, consistency appreciated | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fasano's versatility, consistency appreciated

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Anthony Fasano is rarely mentioned among the game-breaking tight ends in the NFL like Tony Gonzalez, Rob Gronkowski, Vernon Davis or Jason Witten, whom he broke in with at Dallas before joining the Dolphins in 2008.
Fasano may not be a seam-breaking, acrobatic tight end or a red-zone monster. He probably won't make "SportsCenter's" top 10 plays, or even take a Pro Bowl trip to Hawaii.
None of that fazes the consistent, seven-year pro out of Notre Dame, whose all-around skills, including run- and pass-blocking, has him ranked eighth among tight ends by Pro Football Focus, a statistic-heavy website that breaks down every snap.
"I think being consistent helps your team win and that's my job, to help my team within my role,'' said Fasano, who has 22 catches for 176 yards with two touchdowns and no drops. "Even if my stats aren't through the roof, that's the most important thing.
"It's nice to be in the stat book or highlight reel now and then, but I care more about if the coaches and players in this locker room see value in me.''
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-dolphins-notes-1018-20121017,0,6146397.story

But he's not a seem tight-end. (Sarcasm)

"If you get in trouble, when you get the ball to the tight end, he's going to catch it 100 percent of the time, and Anthony pretty much has been doing that."

Fasano has 21 career touchdowns, including 20 with Miami, which ranks third in franchise history, five behind leader Bruce Hardy.

Their second-and-17, 13-yard connection set up Miami's first touchdown Sunday, and then their 1-yard touchdown hookup in the third quarter turned out to be the difference in a 17-14 win over St. Louis.- Bauss

Yes...When the game is on the line one Anthony Alfonso Fasano is the go-to guy. Never seen him drop one or run a bad route and he strikes fear in the LB's eyes when he takes the field. Fasano is da Man...best offensive chain mover in Mia since a young QB named Marino suited up in orange & teal. Thank goodness we have a TE like Fasano...what a difference maker.

+ never forget he has 21 career touchdowns...Yes...I said 21...including 20 with Miami, which ranks third in franchise history, five behind leader the great one Bruce Hardy.

Dude has like 5 or 6 drops in 5 years and that was with one bad year where he had 3 lol. Brandon Marshall did that in one game.

Fasano has been the most consistent offensive skill position player for the Phins since he got here.

Fasano's a good, reliable TE, but let's not get too carried away. I don't think he he "strikes fear in the LB's eyes when he takes the field".... And the "best offensive chain mover in Mia since a young QB named Marino suited up in orange & teal"? Really?

As reliable as he is, I have to believe that a big play TE is right below WR and CB on the shopping list for the draft. Don't get me wrong, I like Fasano and we should resign him to a reasonable contract, but he's not keeping any defensive coordinators up at night.

Dude has like 5 or 6 drops in 5 years and that was with one bad year where he had 3 lol. Brandon Marshall did that in one game.

Atlanta Falcons anyone? Fasano's terrified of that team

Ok. But the phins would still benefit big from a guy who creates matchup problems.

Back
Top Bottom