Feel bad about the 2002 fin's lost chances at winning the big game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feel bad about the 2002 fin's lost chances at winning the big game?

texasPHINSfan

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
Don't!

i just found some interesting information....

The 1995 Lions.
--------------------------
*They had the league's 2nd ranked offense, and 14th ranked defense.

*They had the league's leading rusher in Barry Sanders with 1500 yards and 11 TDs...

*They had TWO 1500-yard receivers in Moore and Perriman, totaling 3200 yards and 24 TDs alone!

*Their 3rd receiver, Johnnie Morton, finished with 600 yards and 8 TDs!

*Their QB, Scott Mitchell, threw for 4400 yards, 32 TDs, 12 INTs, and rushed for 4 TDs with a 60% comp. percentage...

-------------------------------------

and what record did they finish with? 10-6, losing in the first round of the playoffs to philly.

kinda makes our 2002 team not seem so bad after all, does it?

with pieces like that in your puzzle, you should have won the bowl baby!

Even though Miami never had a dominating team when they were going 10-6 and 11-5, I always felt that if the ball fell our way we could of won it all!

If that Lions team played in todays NFL where we are riddled with parity (especially in years such as 2000 and 2002), you could make a case for them as Superbowl champs. However, back then the Cowboys dynasty was still in its final year and the Lions had no chance of defeating them that year so getting by Philly wouldn't have really mattered. I also belive that Detroit got off to a 3-6 start that year and had to win 7 in a row to make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom