Feeley=Delhomme? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley=Delhomme?

Whats funny, for those who have seen the feeley game tapes, is that I knew going into the Giants game that he threw one pick and no TDs...but as I'm watching, I dont see him throwing the pick, and I get this sinking feeling as the game goes on because, well, here comes the 4th quarter and I'm dreading seeing our new QB throw a costly pick late in the game that more likely than not causes his team to lose (like someone we all know and a lot of us despise as a QB...). Then, even worst...the game goes into overtime...and the Eagles get the ball, and still...no pick...oh god he's going to throw it in overtime and the Giants are going to win because of it.

At that point I'm praying that the pick is a result of a receiver popping up the ball and a defender coming down with it.

Then it happens...and sure enough, on a 3rd and long, Feeley tosses a ball to Chad Lewis upfield...but on the play the linebacker was raping Chad Lewis. We're talking like prison style here, dragging his arms back and everything, and Lewis sticks out one free arm to try and get the ball, pops it up, and the safety sitting behind Lewis intercepts. The announcers were all convinced that the Giants should have gotten P.I. called but it wasn't.

Spielman made a good choice. We got a pretty good quarterback. In the right system with the right OL, maybe even a really good quarterback. As Wolf said, it would be one thing if Feeley came in and the offense didn't move...but that offense moved while Feeley was on the field. He suffered through sooo many drops, and the offense still moved. Its funny how people remember that the Eagles team really rose up and rallied around Feeley to win those games. They should that as the defense, because that offense, maybe aside from Duce Staley and Dorsey Levens, did not rally. Lots of costly drops, fumbles, and penalties. There were some frustrating moments, however...where he would go on inaccuracy streaks seemingly because he was rattled either by a mistake he made or by blitz pressure.

But you gotta admit that the Eagles had good offensive game plans that the Dolphins should look at a little bit. Defenses wanted to test Feeley early by blitzing, and the Eagles fought them effectively with screens and throws to the runningbacks and those runningbacks made them PAY for blitzing linebackers. We're talkin about screens that go for like 70 yards or something, or simple RB patterns 20+ yards downfield. Feeley had the mobility to make that stuff happen which is a good sign. The challenge will be on the offensive line, to get this line to be able to run screens well.

Anyway I've watched the whole tapes and I can probably do a writeup on it soon as I review a few parts of it, with the detailed one coming a bit later (possibly as a training camp preview). For the detailed one I'm going to do something pretty statistically based the only problem is I need tape of other QBs if I'm gonna compare....but if I had some access to Fiedler's tapes, I could probably do a Fiedler/Feeley comparison.

They dont look a like at all. Does it really matter if they do anyway??? Oh and FinZone no need to get all nasty about Prime Times post, the comparison of Feeley and Delhomme was obviously about Delhomme playing good and us hoping Feeley does just as well. And beleive me im really hoping Feeley can play as well as Delhomme, because if he doesnt im gonna be real pissed about giving a second rounder to the already stacked Eagles.

There is a physical resemblance.Lets hope that their QB styles are also similar..

In todays salary cap environment,no team can afford a Payton type contract.The Colts had to give up on 5 starters in order to re-sign him.Did that contract make the Colts a better team.I dont think so.Its better to have a Tom Brady,Delhomme type QB that wont break up the salary cap structure yet that will perform enough to win.I believe AJ can be that type of QB.

Well put Crunch Time. Only, i expect Tom Brady to ask for a hefty contract once his current contract is up. As for Delhomme... We've all seen quarterbacks do great and then suck for the rest of their careers. If he does well this season THEN i will be willing to say hes a good QB.

As for AJ, i only see him being an average QB, better then Feidler, but still only average. Average is better then we have now, and average is something that can get us to where we want to be with the offense that we have.

There are no stupid posts, only stupid posters...:goof:

Yes, it's slow, yes, it's silly, no, they don't look exactly alike, yes, they have similar styles (very similar), yes, Feeley has a deep ball as good as any of Delhomme's passes, yes....it's June.

Phinzone said:
You didnt' bother to read the post did you?..............

I did, I just decided to talk about their style of play :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom