Feeley wants Freeman... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley wants Freeman...

darkmistress

d'Artiste
Reaction score
Feeley is hoping the Dolphins strongly consider signing Freeman, who was one of his favorite targets when he started five games for Philadelphia in 2002. The 32-year-old Freeman, who lives in Plantation, is scheduled for a visit Tuesday at Dolphins headquarters.

"He catches everything," Feeley said. "It would be great because he's a guy you could count on. I can't think of a better guy to bring in in this situation."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-boston08aug08,0,2875958.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Do we push for him because of the connection between these two?

Interesting.... my spidey senses are tingling.... We would still need a speedster!

I didn't like the idea of Freeman at first but now that I see there's some connection between our potential starter and him, it may not be such a bad signing...

thats what im thinking too freeman is a go to possession man u need 5 he will get u 5 and a half.

Lets do it!

ESPN mentioned him I believe.

freeman is old.if we do sign him we will still need a speedster.if we are only going to sign 1 wr then i say no.

I still remember that awesome catch he had against Minnesota in the rain on Monday Night Football in overtime. Falling down he tipped to himself with one hand, caught it, got up and ran for the touchdown. It seemed like after that season he fell off the face of the earth. It'll be interesting to see what the local press has to say about him when we bring him in for a workout.

Freeman doesn't catch everything anymore. In fact, he was one of the most prominent receivers noted for dropping Feeley's passes, when I watched Feeley's game films. That was over a year ago. He gets open tho, looked like a real good 3rd WR, slot guy...but he did drop his share.

If he does end up getting signed it will be as the 3rd or 4th receiver. I think he can get the 3rd and intermediate passes and go over the middle. For the vet minimum I say give him a shot. I don't understand how an athletes skills can diminish so much in a few years (unless they are in their late 30's), Freeman is only 32.

We could certainly use an experienced vet to work with our young group of WR's...

I guess I'll put my 2 cents in the pot. If feeley is going to start he needs someone who he feels comfortable with and maybe a connection with Freeman might be it.

Considering Feeley wont start i dont really care who he wants.
Just out of curiousity, who does Sage want the Dolphins to pursue?
:escape:

When are the Dolphins ever going to develop the young receivers on the roster? If they are not given the chance to prove they can play, then when a David Boston goes down for the season.......you see where its going.....

Back
Top Bottom