Feeley wants Freeman... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley wants Freeman...

If Jay starts, and he will because his uncle Dave is the coach, we might as well play db's as recievers so we have a chance of tackling the opposing db's after they intercept Jay's floaters.

darkmistress said:
Feeley is hoping the Dolphins strongly consider signing Freeman, who was one of his favorite targets when he started five games for Philadelphia in 2002. The 32-year-old Freeman, who lives in Plantation, is scheduled for a visit Tuesday at Dolphins headquarters.

"He catches everything," Feeley said. "It would be great because he's a guy you could count on. I can't think of a better guy to bring in in this situation."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-boston08aug08,0,2875958.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Do we push for him because of the connection between these two?
It makes sense to me although he is on the downside of his career.He has always been a money player and if he already has experience catching balls from AJ it wont take him long to adapt.(Assuming AJ will be the starter)

Besides he wouldnt break the bank or cost us Ogun or draft picks.

darkmistress said:
I didn't like the idea of Freeman at first but now that I see there's some connection between our potential starter and him, it may not be such a bad signing...
Freeman may be one of the best WR's available. And like Feeley said, he CAN catch. I still don't thnk Wanny will let Feeley start but maybe if he can get in a few times in preseason games with Freeman and they hookup, maybe, just maybe, we won't see Fiedler starting on opening day.

i say do it, i think it would do the entire offense some good b/c he has that "never quit" attitude.Hopefully it would rub off, and because of that attitude and his ability to be a "clutch" player i think he wins us at least 1 game, and we could definately use that

You know I always had a good feeling about Martay Jenkins and I'm not sure why he failed. When he was playing under Jerry Sullivan, he looked like he was really developing into a threat and maybe a starter. The guy can leap higher than the goal post and run faster than a gazelle. He just tends to muff easy ones.

The coaches want speed, because thats what Boston brought to the table and now we don't have. I wouldn't be surprised if we grabbed Jenkins instead of Freeman. I know Feeley wants Freeman, but he's going to have to get use to the guys we have.

I think Newson could supplant Derrius as starter by season start.

tehMick said:
Considering Feeley wont start i dont really care who he wants.
Just out of curiousity, who does Sage want the Dolphins to pursue?
:escape:

Your, umm...., joking right?

he is not the answer don't get me wrong he probably an upgrade but we thought that about chris F****** carter couldn't hurt to givr him a look though

The difference is we brought Cris Carter in late in the season and he was not in game condition. He pushed himself too fast to try and get ready to play. If we bring in Freeman or someone else now, they'll have enough time to get in game shape and get on the same page with the QBs.

I have always thought that we should should have a wiley vet in the WR mix as a 3rd or 4th at least, especially when you have so many youngsters, which we do. Free can play the slot, and though he is not real fast anymore, what else is there out there? God forbid that CC cant play a game or two, who with experience is there to go in? DT? I wouldnt call DTs time last year experience really. I have been saying all along that Kendal is very talented and that he was overwhelmed last year. If he can gain confidence, I think he'll do a nice job opposite CC. Kendall may not be a blazer but he does get open deep. Even the times he didnt make the play last year, he sure did put himself in the position to as he was open. He just needs to seal the deal. That said, a vet like a freeman would be nice to have working with KN and CC and would be a servicable unit...especially if DT doesnt come along as he is still a huge question mark. Simmons is quick but not fast, tolver no speed, plus these two have no experience getting open on top of it. Free at least knows how to get open and we need sopmeone that can do that, plus AJ wants him and if it is another security blanket on top of CC, and is cheap, it is worth the shot...JMHO

I am not joking Midwest.
I'm not saying if it's the right decision or not, all im saying is that our opening day QB will be Jay Fiedler for better or worse.
Well, barring injury of course.
midwest_phinfan said:
Your, umm...., joking right?

Back
Top Bottom