Fiedler or feeley? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler or feeley?

Dolfan99

Buffalo, its whats for dinner
Reaction score
I would like to know what everyone thinks on who should start. I personally would lie to see Feeley. This is how i see it, first of all we've givin him a pretty big contract which isn't suited for a second stringer. Second, if fiedler gets the starting job aren't we doin what we've been doin for years? I mean to years ago Jay started off great and he got hurt. Ray came in and sucked because he didnt do well cuz he came in after 6 games. The rest of the year sucked. Last year Jay did great then he got hurt. Griese came in, didnt do well, and we didnt do that great the rest of the season. If Jay starts this year.... well i won't jump to conclusions. I think we need a player that can play for 16 games. Anytime a play goes down its terrible. Your number two will be under way to much pressure and when your number one comes back he's gonna feel some heat. Also, Feeley has a better long ball. Im tired of us always throwing these short balls that give us short gains. We haven't made the playoffs for a while, something has to change. I think Feeley should start the season, if he doesn't work we pull him. Tell me what you think

:shakeno: Another F vs. F thread? Ughhhh i choose Feeley for abouth the millionth time.

FinFan24 said:
:shakeno: Another F vs. F thread? Ughhhh i choose Feeley for abouth the millionth time.

And I am still in the Feeley or Rosenfels corner. I'm tired of Fiedler's crap & have been for nearly 3 years.

Gladsadmad said:
It's too early to tell. After 2 pre-season games we should have a much better idea.
Yes we will because Dave has said that he will choose someone after preseason game #2.

well seeing as Fiedler lead this team to 4 losing seasons and has proven that he cant win games, blows up at the media and causes havoc in the locker room..............oh wait....

the better man will win the job and i think it'll be fiedler because of his expirence and his ability to just flat out win games. niether will take us to the superbowl next year.

i will go with feely who has great upside. i thought griese would have done better last year had he had a line infront of him he had no protection.

SMadison29 said:
And I am still in the Feeley or Rosenfels corner. I'm tired of Fiedler's crap & have been for nearly 3 years.

im with this guy :D

Theanswer385 said:
i will go with feely who has great upside. i thought griese would have done better last year had he had a line infront of him he had no protection.

i was wondering when i would see one of these posts. making excuses for griese? do you remember that redskins game where fiedler came in the 4th quarter and won the game that griese was losing? and didnt fiedler have to play behind that line all year? or did they switch lines for each qb?

again, dont think fiedler is the best the dolphins can do, but dont make excuses for qb's he beat out for the starting job.

musk said:
well seeing as Fiedler lead this team to 4 losing seasons and has proven that he cant win games, blows up at the media and causes havoc in the locker room..............oh wait....

the better man will win the job and i think it'll be fiedler because of his expirence and his ability to just flat out win games. niether will take us to the superbowl next year.
All hes proven is he could ride a running game and an outstanding defnece as far as it could take him. Hes not a horrible QB, but hes by no means a very talented one. Hes a avearge QB in a great situation. If he was so good, he could of taken a very talented Dolphins team atleast to the playoffs the last 2 years. IMO tht is:D .

Fielder is very good off the bench. But once he has started a few weeks in a row is when he falls apart. I say go with Feeley, and early indication is that Feeley might just win the job.

FinFan24 said:
All hes proven is he could ride a running game and an outstanding defnece as far as it could take him. Hes not a horrible QB, but hes by no means a very talented one. Hes a avearge QB in a great situation. If he was so good, he could of taken a very talented Dolphins team atleast to the playoffs the last 2 years. IMO tht is:D .
exactly

I personally think that Jay is OK IF he has recovered from that thumb break that happened against Denver a couple of years ago. After he came back from that he looked like he lost the zip on the ball, and he didn't have much to begin with. The preseason should tell the tale, and if Feeley upstages Fiedler and still rides the pine, get out the torches and pitchforks. If I know Wanny, it's Jay's job to lose.

musk said:
i was wondering when i would see one of these posts. making excuses for griese? do you remember that redskins game where fiedler came in the 4th quarter and won the game that griese was losing? and didnt fiedler have to play behind that line all year? or did they switch lines for each qb?

again, dont think fiedler is the best the dolphins can do, but dont make excuses for qb's he beat out for the starting job.

Have you looked at Griese and Fiedler's last 5 games side by side?

Completion %
Fiedler: 58.78% Griese: 57.76% Difference: 1.02%

Yards
Fiedler: 964 Griese: 813 Diff: 151

Passing TD
Fiedler: 5 Griese: 5 Diff: 0

Rushing TD
Fiedler:2 Griese: 0 Diff:2

Fumbles:
Fiedler: 4 Griese: 4 Diff: 0

INT Thrown
Fiedler: 6 Griese: 6 Diff: 0

Sacked
Fiedler: 11 Griese: 12 Diff:1

And the the total......151 more yards, 2 rushing TD's and one less sack. And those were Jays LAST 5 games as a dolphins, where as those were Brians FIRST five games as a dolphin. And FYI the have the SAME winning record in those 5 games as starters. THe fact remains that Fiedler was better by the SLIMMEST of margin's, yet people try to say "Griese was terrible he was a waste of time".

My question is which one is REALLY better? All things considered Jay had 4 seasons with the fins prior to those games? Griese had none. Fiedler had a pre-season, Griese had part of a game before getting injured.

There are a LOT of similarities between Feidler and Griese. I don't know why people still defend dumbo ears.

Back
Top Bottom