Fiedler Question? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Question?

Originally posted by KB21
No. I didn't want either. Huard has a much better arm than Fiedler, but he has no pocket presence and isn't decisive in making his decisions.

I wanted Jimmy Johnson to trade for Kerry Collins during the 1998 season and let him sit behind Marino for a year before taking over as the starter. I'd feel much better about Miami's chances had that happened.

Do you mean you would have felt better with Kerry Collins and his 54.6 career comp.% and his 71.3 career QB rating as opposed to Jay Fiedler and his 59.6 career comp.% and 77.7 career QB rating?
'splain...:confused:

Nice to see a Dolphin fan with a little objectional view.

No matter what Jay does, it isn't good enough for some people. He is definately top 20.

How many NFL QBs had a better 4th Qtr QB rating than Jay last year?

Answer that question and win the pot of gold.

Kerry Collins is a big, drop back style passer with a great arm that would fit in a lot better in Norv Turner's offense than he does in Jim Fassel's version of the west coast offense. He's also a better fit than Fiedler for this offense.

At that time, this was the offense Jimmy was trying to install. He thought Robert Ford could teach the basics of it to Kippy Brown, and well, Norv wasn't available at that time.

Yeah. Too bad the game is played for four quarters and not just in the fourth quarter. Most of those comebacks were games that Fiedler put the team in the hole to begin with. And if it weren't for Oronde Gadsden and Chris Chambers routinely making acrobatic receptions on his poorly thrown passes, then Fiedler wouldn't have that 4th quarter QB rating.

Besides, that 4th quarter rating is a direct reflection of the Dolphins having a lead and playing conservatively, not letting Fiedler throw the ball in the 4th Q. Fiedler's comebacks, with the exception of the Raiders game, was against non-playoff teams. Big whoop there!

The guy is what he is. He is a very limited back up QB who is a starter only because the position is so poor league wide.

Just as a FYI, I merged this thread with the thread about "Why I think Jay Fiedler Sucks" or something like that. It wasn't deleted, just merged.

Jay Fiedler Stats rank him in the top 15 and that more than just mediocre.The fact is Fiedler is above average.He has been in the league for only 4 seasons and still learning.Fiedler is like Jeff Garcia who arm strenght is about same as Fiedler.He is fairly accurate at 60.7.Now if he can improve on his accuracy and timing no doubt in my mind that he can be pro bowler caliber QB.Bledsoe has to prove himself because the past three season hasn't shown anything(Yeah I know last two injured but even when he wasn't just didn't look good out there).Fiedler is not as bad as people label him.He could become more than just above average.

Originally posted by Winfield_26

I have disagree here and I think many Dolphin fans may actually agree with me on this one. Winfield and Clements are two really good man to man CB's. Both hit hard and well. Jenkins and Priouleau are an improvment over Carpenter and Tillman. I think we will be more solid with Wire playing as Nickel back and a extra roaming linebacker. I think we can eliminaate CC and Gadsen from a game forcing the others to step up.

CHRIS CHAMBERS PROVED IN THE BILLS GAME LAST YEAR THAT HE ISN'T GOING TO BE STOPPED BY ANYONE ON THAT CURRENT ROSTER.

Fiedler doesn't have Garcia's instincts, and Garcia does have a better arm.

Garcia doesn't throw interceptions. Fiedler had one of the highest int percentages in the NFL.

Oh, but I forgot. None of Fiedler's interceptions are his fault. Let's blame the receiver for not doing backflips to get to a ball thrown 7 yards wide of him right to a DB.

*cough* facemask *cough* shoulder.

I've seen Garcia first hand. His arm is better than Fiedler's, but it is not all THAT great. Then again, he also has Terell Owens, the #1 running game, and a good line in front of him.

Fiedler did throw INTS, lots were his fault, but not all of th em were. Some were good defensive plays.

J Fielder improvement. What

is the one thing you will be happy if Jay Fielder improves this year from past years? For Me its his turnover to Td Ratio. He simply can't turn the ball over as much as he has in the past if the dolphins are going to be sucessful. With Ricky Williams running the ball and like Trent Dilfer proved with the Ravens , keep turnovers to a minimal you qan go pretty far in the playoffs with good defense and a powerfulrunning game.

dont matter...who the hell else is out there thats available???i'll take fiedler over any of them

Terrel Owens. This guy lead the NFL in dropped passes, yet most of you criticize James McKnight for being in the top 15 most reliable receiving targets.

But somehow, the selfish TO has somehow made Garcia a better QB whereas McKnight makes Jay Fiedler look worse than he is.

Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom