Fiedler... the end | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler... the end

thedayafter

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Although I am ambivilent in regards to Fiedler.... this quote was too good to pass up from Football Outsiders...
  • As for Fiedler, he’s got shoulder woes of his own. In the game only a short time, Fiedler replaced Pennington nearly perfectly – he was ineffective and injured. A torn labrum, the thin tissue that lines the glenoid fossa, will likely need surgical intervention. Since backup QBs are a dime a dozen and there are freely available QBs like Jeff George and the once and future Jet Vinny Testaverde, Fiedler’s more likely to return to the NFL as a coach than a QB.
  • http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings.php?p=2951&cat=18

thedayafter said:
Fiedler’s more likely to return to the NFL as a coach than a QB

Coach: Take a look at the playbook yet, Jay?
Jay: Yeah, but I was wondering... why don't we have a section for out routes?
Coach: Uh, yeah, about that... they uh, they just don't fit in the uh, the offense this year... yeah...

AlanSaysYo said:
Coach: Uh, yeah, about that... they uh, they just don't fit in the uh, the offense this year... yeah...
:rofl3: :rofl3:

Edwards- "Jay! What the hell are you doing! It was 3rd and 15 and you threw it to the Left Tackle!"
Jay- "Calm down herm, Punting is not a sin"
Edwards-" I never thought of it that way"
Jay- " Yep, don't you know anything...it's the defenses job to win games"
Edwards- "Gosh Darn, i'll need to make a whole new sheet of keys to the game"

1. Punting is not a sin
2. 3 Defensive players need touchdowns
3. Offense get off, so defense can get on.
4. Change Vinnie's Depends
5. Read daily the pre-season Jets Superbowl predictions.

Its from football outsiders so its likely utter garbage like usual, fiedler is only out for 4-6 weeks and is still a far better option than the likes of Testaverde or Jeff George

hdjetta6316 said:
Edwards- "Jay! What the hell are you doing! It was 3rd and 15 and you threw it to the Left Tackle!"
Jay- "Calm down herm, Punting is not a sin"
Edwards-" I never thought of it that way"
Jay- " Yep, don't you know anything...it's the defenses job to win games"
Edwards- "Gosh Darn, i'll need to make a whole new sheet of keys to the game"

1. Punting is not a sin
2. 3 Defensive players need touchdowns
3. Offense get off, so defense can get on.
4. Change Vinnie's Depends
5. Read daily the pre-season Jets Superbowl predictions.

While were on this topic, did anyone else get tired of the broadcast constantly displaying Herm's keys during the Jets broadcast? It must have been 6 or 7 times at least.

AlanSaysYo said:
:rofl3:

dol_fan_in_tampa said:
While were on this topic, did anyone else get tired of the broadcast constantly displaying Herm's keys during the Jets broadcast? It must have been 6 or 7 times at least.
Yep, pissed me off too!

If Jay doesn't make it with the Jets, he is done.

@@@@@ said:
Its from football outsiders so its likely utter garbage like usual, fiedler is only out for 4-6 weeks and is still a far better option than the likes of Testaverde or Jeff George

• I find the site to very informational and the vast majority of their content to be well constructed.

thedayafter said:
  • I find the site to very informational and the vast majority of their content to be well constructed.
Yeah i was slightly overboard its not a bad site generally, however aaron schatz opinions on the running game are some of the most ridiculous things i've ever had the misfortune of reading. For example before the start of last season he guarenteed that we would be better off without ricky sighting the eagles (buckhalter and westbrook) the chiefs (holmes and blaylock) as examples of how running back by comitee was the way forward and how good minor and gordon would be................. well we all know how that turned out the artcile utterly failed to mention that the eagles and chiefs have 2 of the leagues best lines and ours plain sucked. Infact i think i'm still bitter about that 1 article :lol:

thedayafter said:
Although I am ambivilent in regards to Fiedler.... this quote was too good to pass up from Football Outsiders...
  • As for Fiedler, he’s got shoulder woes of his own. In the game only a short time, Fiedler replaced Pennington nearly perfectly – he was ineffective and injured. A torn labrum, the thin tissue that lines the glenoid fossa, will likely need surgical intervention. Since backup QBs are a dime a dozen and there are freely available QBs like Jeff George and the once and future Jet Vinny Testaverde, Fiedler’s more likely to return to the NFL as a coach than a QB.
  • http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings.php?p=2951&cat=18

How can you be ineffective for 7 plays? He was 2-3 for 19 yards????????

Jay Fiedler has nothing to complain about. He lasted in this profession with little to no talent longer than any player I can remember. Made good money doing it. Reminds me of that guy at the office that nobody knows what he does but is always standing around the water cooler. Like that dude in the movie office space "milton" I think his name was.

Back
Top Bottom