Fiedler threw well in the afternoon session | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler threw well in the afternoon session

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
According to the guy from the PBP who attended:

Both quarterbacks had sub-par morning sessions, with Fiedler being wild and Feeley holding the ball too long against the blitz. However, Fiedler was outstanding in the afternoon. He was 3-for-3 with three touchdowns in the red-zone drill, and 5-of-10 and one TD in the two-minute drill. Feeley was 1-for-3 for 5 yards in the red zone, and managed just a 7-yard screen to Minor in two attempts during the two-minute drill.

Just another example of how reports can vary, both Blitzkrieg and I thought AJ did well and this guy chose to focus on the one negative from his morning. He could have avoided a sack or two, but I'd rather him get sacked then an interception. Hopefully both qbs can show more consistency so we can all agree on something.

That's okay Fin, we still get a sense of what's going on in Camp and for us out of towners, the info is PRICELESS...thanks for what you guys do.

I'd have to think from those numbers Fiedler killed what AJ did today.

3-3 with 3TD's is as good as you can possibly be.

I'm soooo hoping Feeley wins the job at QB. But I want him to actually be better than Jay, not just because we gave him money and blew a second rd pick on him.

Wow so it finally didn't rain in the afternoon session?

It seems so far that 1 QB plays well one day and then the other does so the next. It is all just so up and down so far with Fiedler and Feeley.

#84Fan4Life said:

It seems so far that 1 QB plays well one day and then the other does so the next. It is all just so up and down so far with Fiedler and Feeley.

Just like the regular season.

A.J Feeley wether he start or not will be helping the Fins by either elevating Fiedler level of play or flat outplaying Fiedler..

PhinsmissedFG said:
I'd have to think from those numbers Fiedler killed what AJ did today.

3-3 with 3TD's is as good as you can possibly be.

I'm soooo hoping Feeley wins the job at QB. But I want him to actually be better than Jay, not just because we gave him money and blew a second rd pick on him.

Yeah it doesn't get much better than that.

#84Fan4Life said:

That's my biggest gripe. It's hard as hell to sit there and evaluate them when you know they might be a completely different person the next day. I swear sometimes I can't believe I'm watching the same person...like the first day Jay was so confident and led the offense well, then the next day he's throwing passes to Will Poole and Sammy Knight, it's frustrating as hell. And with AJ, he's more consistent with his throws, but mentally he's very erratic as well. Some days he looks confident and poised and ready to conquer the world, other's he looks scared and timid. Sometimes I think he's genuinely afraid of the defense....I just wish one of them would step up and be consistent on a daily basis so we can get a fair assesment of who's gonna lead us.

Its only practice...

Finsflurry said:
I just wish one of them would step up and be consistent on a daily basis so we can get a fair assesment of who's gonna lead us.

I believe that both of these QBs have the rep of practicing poorly...

What I want to see is the scrimmages with the Texans and the preseason games.

What I want to see there is how good the OL is and how well each QB can drive the field for scores.

NOTHING ELSE matters at QB except who can drive the offense down the field for scores. Pretty passes for limited production simply does not cut it...

Dolphan_B said:
I believe that both of these QBs have the rep of practicing poorly...

What I want to see is the scrimmages with the Texans and the preseason games.

What I want to see there is how good the OL is and how well each QB can drive the field for scores.

NOTHING ELSE matters at QB except who can drive the offense down the field for scores. Pretty passes for limited production simply does not cut it...

True.

For some reason, I am thinking Fiedler will start but by mid-season will get replaced by Feeley.

well.......we all know fiedler and that he wins games but then gets hurt and then slips later. the thing about Feeley that philly fans and media were saying is that he is a game day kind of guy. cool under pressure. well, how much pressure is there in camp other than competition? Feeley will need alot of time in preseason games and i think conventional wisdom is that Fiedler will start the season and the old switcharoo comes midseason to fake the crap out of everyone who has absolutely no tape to watch of AJ.

I could see a chad pennington moment in the future. :cool:

Prime Time said:
For some reason, I am thinking Fiedler will start but by mid-season will get replaced by Feeley.
Yeah, and last year you said Sammy Knight would be out... hey what do you know... by midseason with Arturo Replacing him. Do you have some thing about players getting replaced at midseason?

I am confused, wasn't there an afternoon practice and a morning practice?

Back
Top Bottom