Final Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Mock

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
1. Robert Nkemdiche, DT/DE Ole Miss- I still love this pick, even though I know there are clearly some options on the table that would fill areas of need (Conklin, Jackson, Ragland) but here we get another guy who can collapse the pocket from the interior and make a huge difference in both running and passing game. This guy coming into the locker room, playing next to Suh, Wake, and Mario, will see first hand how true professionals play the game and I feel that it will get him to buy in and be a force for years to come with Suh. Suh, Nkemdiche, and Phillips are our DTs for the next 4-5 years and that sounds like a very promising group right there. I value investing in our front seven over a corner because it doesn't matter how good you are at corner, if a QB has all day to throw he's going to find someone. Mario, Nkemdiche, Suh, Wake doesn't sound like you'll have that much time to throw, and that alone changes the game and relieves the stress of needing a top corner.

2. Joshua Garnett, G Stanford- Instant starter, plug him at LG and let everyone else compete for RG; big, strong, agile, can pull, captain, gets Dallas Thomas cut. Albert, Garnett, Pouncey, Turner, James would be my starting five and now we have great depth with Bushrod, Douglas, Urbik in the wings that can play multiple positions.

3. B.J. Goodson, ILB Clemson- Dolphins are rumored to be all over this guy, I started to see why. Good size at 6'1 242, reads plays well and fills in the gaps when sliding down, takes people head on and has good tackling technique.

4. Eric Murray, CB, Minnesota- Physical corner, although not as tall as other prospects, played as a boundary press corner and looked solid. Longer arms than WJ3, 5'11 199, 4.49 speed, physical, plays the run well, plays deep ball well, I think this guy comes in and gets playing time right away.

5. Jonathan Williams, RB Arkansas- 220lb runningback who can bruise and slash. Very shifty for a large back, always moving his feet and also I like his field vision looking for his next cut to try and break deep.

6. Stephen Anderson, TE/WR Cal- 6'2 230 tweener player, who I think we would put at WR full time. Gase had two big receivers in Chicago, one who could go deep and one who moved the chains in Jefferey and Marshall respectively. Parker in a sense is our Jefferey, but I would love to see another big receiver who could work the middle along with Landry to be a chain mover and then red zone threat.

7. Taveze Calhoun, CB, Miss. St.- Doubling down at corner later in the draft is how I think we're going to go. Vance Joseph is coined the cb "guru" so he should be able to maximize later round prospects to their fullest potential. I think adding Murray and Calhoun to our zone scheme would be a good start to changing our overall look at corner. Maxwell is our number 1 press corner, but we do have to face smaller receivers as well, so taking some more agile corners makes sense as well and in our scheme we want to play the deep ball, press, and also mirror underneath routes and funnel them inside. I think with safety help over the top our corners, outside of Maxwell, could be run like a committee, constantly giving teams different looks and skill sets to worry about.

7. Ryan Brown, DE Miss. St.

I didn't get a chance to watch much if B.J., seems like last week or so I've heard his name a lot though.

Really like the first 2 picks though. Garnett to me is the perfect guard, in today's NFL, you need guards that are smart and study tape a lot, and are tough. These guys are hard to find, he does all that though IMO. Plug and play player who thrives immediately IMO.

And Nkemdoche is the kind of player that can change the future outlook of a team. If he flops, at least you tried, you don't get the rewards without the risk in this league. And to make a jump with the elite teams, you need to hit on risky players IMO.

I agree, it all starts in the trenches, you don't make your team from the outside in, you make it inside then out. We have lacked some talent on both inside fronts, and adding to that first and foremost will greatly improve this team IMO.

Back
Top Bottom