FINAL RD1 MOCK by fanfin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FINAL RD1 MOCK by fanfin

ok well if i'm being honest i don't buy tavon austin to philly at #4...maybe if they trade out...if they stay put it's either dion jordan if he gets there or star lotuleilei...detroit is not passing on a tackle if one gets to them at #5...

those were the things that stood out to me in the top 5...

Tavon Austin is the ideal Chip Kelly player and outside of QB (there giving Vick a chance this year) and 5 Technique they don't have any needs on the roster

Detroit needs OT as they lost Backus and Cherilus but they spent a 1st rounder on a T last year and also lost Cliff Avril, KVB, and Lawrence Jackson... in the NFC North playing against Cutler and Rodgers 2x each there gonna NEED a pass rush... not to mention their style of play leads to shoot outs

ok well if i'm being honest i don't buy tavon austin to philly at #4...maybe if they trade out...if they stay put it's either dion jordan if he gets there or star lotuleilei...detroit is not passing on a tackle if one gets to them at #5...

those were the things that stood out to me in the top 5...

I tried to come up with a scenario where they trade out but I couldn't find anyone a team would move up for

Think your on target with first two but still don't see us giving up extra picks that Ireland worked so hard to get to move up for a LT as gonna cause more questions on how Long situation handled.

Don't believe any chance at all of Eagles picking at Austin at 3. Although certainly a Chip Kelly type player their biggest needs by far are on defense and OL.

Would be shocked to see Millner drop all the way to 13 - top rated player at position of need for almost everyone.

In your mock we are only team to give up valuable picks to move into top 10, albeit for Joekel. With as many needs as we have and having ammunition we do, in a deep draft, if we are going to move up would much rather see us keep our 12th and grab Eifert/Austin if still there and then if there is another player we love that drops some ie... Cooper/Warmack/Hayden use the extra picks we have to move back into bottom of Round 1 to grab.

Think your on target with first two but still don't see us giving up extra picks that Ireland worked so hard to get to move up for a LT as gonna cause more questions on how Long situation handled.

Don't believe any chance at all of Eagles picking at Austin at 3. Although certainly a Chip Kelly type player their biggest needs by far are on defense and OL.

Would be shocked to see Millner drop all the way to 13 - top rated player at position of need for almost everyone.

In your mock we are only team to give up valuable picks to move into top 10, albeit for Joekel. With as many needs as we have and having ammunition we do, in a deep draft, if we are going to move up would much rather see us keep our 12th and grab Eifert/Austin if still there and then if there is another player we love that drops some ie... Cooper/Warmack/Hayden use the extra picks we have to move back into bottom of Round 1 to grab.

gonna take a lot less to get into the top 10 than ever precedented, weak draft at the top

Agreed but at very least gonna probably take our 1/12 and then a 2nd or 3rd. Although I love Joekel and Fisher, would much rather see us keep our 1 and grab a playmaker to help offense and then use ammo of extra picks we have to move back into 1 if there is still a CB, DE, COOPER or Warmack still on board. Of course all contingent on what happens with Albert but if that and above happens we are coming out of Rd 2 filling two huge positions of need with possibly the highest rated players at their positions (TE & OG) along with serviceable (OT - Albert). Nasty Oline and TE position upgraded.

I completely agree with dchalk. I can totally see us trading back into the 1st to grab a player after we nab Eifert at 12. I would be extremely happy with that scenario.

I completely agree with dchalk. I can totally see us trading back into the 1st to grab a player after we nab Eifert at 12. I would be extremely happy with that scenario.

you wouldn't hear a complaint from me

I would love that to be the two players the jets get. Would make my night.

Back
Top Bottom