FinFanInBuffalo's week 4 Losman report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinFanInBuffalo's week 4 Losman report

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
After a good first drive, he struggled until the 4th quarter when he was pulled in favor of Holcomb. He did show a brief flash on a drive in the second quarter, but even those completions were high. He receivers have to go up high to get too many throws. His biggest problems continue to be inaccurate throws and slow decision making.

He is hurting the team. McGahee was on his way to a good game, but the inability to convert on third down limits McGahee's chances.

After 4 games, there has been very little progress. The Bills coaching staff badly misread Losman's readiness.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
After a good first drive, he struggled until the 4th quarter when he was pulled in favor of Holcomb. He did show a brief flash on a drive in the second quarter, but even those completions were high. He receivers have to go up high to get too many throws. His biggest problems continue to be inaccurate throws and slow decision making.

He is hurting the team. McGahee was on his way to a good game, but the inability to convert on third down limits McGahee's chances.

After 4 games, there has been very little progress. The Bills coaching staff badly misread Losman's readiness.

I hate to say this, but I agree. Not much to argue about it, he hasnt done anything, blah.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Thanx for the update.. I look forward to this thread every Sun. Next week should be fun..

Wagon Circler said:
McGahee - A

Receivers - C

Losman - C

Defense - C

OLine - D

Coaching - FFF

Seriously please reconsider giving Losman an F... stats please

4 GS - 358 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

He is making the Feeley of last year look good...

The guy is'nt even averaging 100 passing a game....I'd take Feeley's pick 6's over that... at least Feeley got the ball down the field.

Our Receivers had a ton of drops today.

Stats can be deceiving. Losman was in control for the most part in the game, he just needs to throw the ball a little lower and not hold onto it for so long.

C

Wagon Circler said:
Our Receivers had a ton of drops today.

Stats can be deceiving. Losman was in control for the most part in the game, he just needs to throw the ball a little lower and not hold onto it for so long.

C

Losman should flashes yesterday, but he is way too inconsistent. He cannot continue to hang his receivers out on high passes. The lack of productivity on third down is killing the team.

GreenMonster said:
Seriously please reconsider giving Losman an F... stats please

4 GS - 358 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

He is making the Feeley of last year look good...

He has 2 ints.

Wagon Circler said:
McGahee - A

Receivers - C

Losman - C

Defense - C

OLine - D

Coaching - FFF

I've heard a lot of Bills fans complaining about the coaching. Seriously, what do you think they should be doing different? They are trying to run a balanced offense with a QB that is not ready and an OL that cannot pass block. They should be sticking to the run more, but eventually they would need to have some balance.

I would get rid of the trick plays. A flea flicker, statue of liberty play... come on.

Finally, going for it on 4th down near midfield was a call made by a coaching staff that is panicing.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Yeah, I've been saying it since they handed over the team to Losman. I knew he wouldn't be ready. He's essentially a rookie. I love it when the Bills suck.

Philter25 said:
So the Bills were praising their coaching and system last year and now they are cursing it? :lol: Sweet.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Where are all the Bills fans to remind me that Saban is rookie coach and Mularky is the man...

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I've heard a lot of Bills fans complaining about the coaching. Seriously, what do you think they should be doing different? They are trying to run a balanced offense with a QB that is not ready and an OL that cannot pass block. They should be sticking to the run more, but eventually they would need to have some balance.

I would get rid of the trick plays. A flea flicker, statue of liberty play... come on.

Finally, going for it on 4th down near midfield was a call made by a coaching staff that is panicing.
The playcalling is not setting this offense up to win. McGahee needs to get the ball 20-25 per game and I think Shaud Williams should get it 5-10 times.

We need trick plays right now. Our coaching staff can't seem to get it right so we might as well have a couple gimmicks.

Instead of going three and out on run, pass, pass or pass, run, pass or pass, pass, pass, we need to get the first down with run, run, pass, run, run, pass, run, run then a deep ball to keep them honest.

To sum it all up this offense just needs to have McGahee be the workhorse and stop trying to have Losman pass to a victory, because it's not going to happen yet. Get McGahee that many carries and we should win the game.

Wagon Circler said:
To sum it all up this offense just needs to have McGahee be the workhorse and stop trying to have Losman pass to a victory, because it's not going to happen yet. Get McGahee that many carries and we should win the game.

I agree with you in principle but it didn't work against Atlanta. JP still has to make plays. There will be games where they fall behind. There will be games where the running game is not working. And there will be times during every game where a pass is the right call. JP needs to complete those passes to keep drives alive. He was yanked yesterday immediately after failing to convert a makeable third down. Maybe McGahee gets 4 - 5 more carries on that drive.

Back
Top Bottom