Finheaven and free speech | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven and free speech

i blame twitter and every jackass who thinks we give a **** what their opinion is feeling like they need to let us know...99 percent of em don't know ****

My point isn't necessarily based on computer/website performance, but rather the aesthetics. Scrolling through a bunch of shoddily photoshopped pictures or a giant view of the interior of the Marlins' new stadium (hideous btw) makes the forums a little clunky. Worse is the fact that, usually, people who want to decorate their posts so much are regular users, meaning their gaudy sigs are in several threads. It's just a bit of an eyesore and it slows down the reading of threads.
sorry, but you'd be in the minority of people who don't want sigs etc. sigs and avatars are about the only way you can get a real feeling of personal ownership on this or any other forum, and as such as long as they are within the rules we encourage them. Second, I've already taken measures to make sure they aren't overpowering every thread, as sigs only show up once per page. as to the rep, you can manually add rep and it is even tied to the thanks and no thanks buttons, and these type of features are proven to get people active in this type of environment. Is matt shelling out a buttload of money to keep finheaven going per month? yes, but he has to pay the same amount if 50 people post 100 threads or 500 people post a 1000 threads, so activity is good, even if its this negative **** that depresses even the most postive person, because if we all agreed on the same stuff 100 percent of the time, this forum would be boring.

Wow... What a thread. Thanks to everyone weighing in on this. There is so much here but I am going to keep it simple. First of all the site is by purpose meant to be open to all fans. We don't ever intend to limit or qualify posters. Someone's dumb statement is someone else's genius. We are a fan site for all fans and this is their place to come and express themselves. It's a shame so many times people want to be harsh on someone with a different opinion. But that is expected when you have so many posters. The original poster stated he wanted some form of order, and was directed to post in VIP. His response that. He prefers it in the main where it is busier is kind of ironic to me. Volume is what you prefer but it ultimately is your curse as well. I think there are some good ideas here. Maybe the Free Agent forum etc. but once again the volume where people want to be heard will always be in the main. I don't think that will ever change. So what is the answer? My advice is pretty simple. If you are a VIP member than post there and post often. If you are not a VIP join so you can deal with less traffic and less chances of being critiqued on your opinion. In time I think you will see things calm down, I just wish the team would improve so the tension from the fans would ease. We are all frustrated and it's showing up here at FH in a big way. Thanks again guys and we will soon be moving this thread. :-)

It would be nice if there were a test or something so all the people who love the dolphins but don't watch the games or understand anything about the NFL can post their opinions and keep them apart.

The biggest problem is any schmuck off the street can make a thread..Like Vaark has suggested...it should be earned.. If someone signs up to gives us info that has some kind of source that is not on the net yet then the thread should have be endorsed or approved by a mod first...There are always mods on and could approve it easily. But I totally agree with Phinz the same thread over and over again...its just rediclous..too many misleading threads started..

I feel like too many posters start a thread just to vent about something...I respect eveyones opionions and I wanna hear them but a new thread about a topic that is already being talked about is not needed. Phinz is right.

IMO, biggest problem is that people wanna be first. They don't care/bother to check if someone else has already started a thread about it ... they just jump right in.

The only thing that can be done about this is merging. (We do try our best to keep up)

IMO, biggest problem is that people wanna be first. They don't care/bother to check if someone else has already started a thread about it ... they just jump right in.

The only thing that can be done about this is merging. (We do try our best to keep up)

I went into a thread yesterday that was a twice-repeated thread about Garrard and was given an insult in response to me letting the OP know it was repeated. It was quite hysterical :lol:

The biggest problem is any schmuck off the street can make a thread..Like Vaark has suggested...it should be earned.. If someone signs up to gives us info that has some kind of source that is not on the net yet then the thread should have be endorsed or approved by a mod first...There are always mods on and could approve it easily. But I totally agree with Phinz the same thread over and over again...its just rediclous..too many misleading threads started..

I feel like too many posters start a thread just to vent about something...I respect eveyones opionions and I wanna hear them but a new thread about a topic that is already being talked about is not needed. Phinz is right.

*Thanks*

How am I supposed to know what was talked about at staff meetings?

You're not missing much ... basically they degenerate into us sitting around listening to J lie about all the ginger midgets he's been banging lately. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom