Fins Depth Chart On February 29th | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Depth Chart On February 29th

He is much better in the slot. That is where he should play going forward. He got torched playing outside in the first Bills game last year in Buffalo.
So just to get this straight, he thrived in boundary in 2022 but was horrible in the slot in 2023 but for some reason you say he is better in slot? Why?

So just to get this straight, he thrived in boundary in 2022 but was horrible in the slot in 2023 but for some reason you say he is better in slot? Why?
First of all I don't remember him playing on the boundary that much in 2022. Wasn't he mainly playing in the slot that season? Plus just look at his results this past year when he was playing on the boundary. He was terrible!

First of all I don't remember him playing on the boundary that much in 2022. Wasn't he mainly playing in the slot that season? Plus just look at his results this past year when he was playing on the boundary. He was terrible!

Combination. Depended on who was available week by week, but he was filling in for Jones and Needham for half the year on boundary. 2023 was Fangio misusing him by playing zone forcing him to play catch up with WR1's constantly. We can go into that argument as well and Kohou had his 2023 blunders for sure, but he is 100% a starter on our defense, and can be a huge weapon if used properly.

Stats from 2022 proving he is not only not bad in boundary but not bad at all overall.
  • Passer rating allowed: 78.7
  • Catch rate allowed below expectation: -6.4%
  • Tight-window percentage: 27.5%
  • Target rate: 21.9%
  • Average separation: 2.9 yards
  • TARGETED EXPECTED POINTS ADDED: -25
"Last season, according to Pro Football Focus, Kohou played 482 snaps in the slot and 304 on the boundary under defensive coordinator Josh Boyer."

Combination. Depended on who was available week by week, but he was filling in for Jones and Needham for half the year on boundary. 2023 was Fangio misusing him by playing zone forcing him to play catch up with WR1's constantly. We can go into that argument as well and Kohou had his 2023 blunders for sure, but he is 100% a starter on our defense, and can be a huge weapon if used properly.

Stats from 2022 proving he is not only not bad in boundary but not bad at all overall.
  • Passer rating allowed: 78.7
  • Catch rate allowed below expectation: -6.4%
  • Tight-window percentage: 27.5%
  • Target rate: 21.9%
  • Average separation: 2.9 yards
  • TARGETED EXPECTED POINTS ADDED: -25
"Last season, according to Pro Football Focus, Kohou played 482 snaps in the slot and 304 on the boundary under defensive coordinator Josh Boyer."
Regardless let's hope he plays at his 2022 level and not his 2023 level. He showed the sophomore slump for sure, with X gone and Smith a complete unknown, he will be the starter opposite Ramsey.

Regardless let's hope he plays at his 2022 level and not his 2023 level. He showed the sophomore slump for sure, with X gone and Smith a complete unknown, he will be the starter opposite Ramsey.
Indeed. I think used correctly, he can get back to that level again. The Fangio defensive scheme seemed to frustrate a lot of our DB's, rightfully so.

I think Kohou will be in the slot......either Cam Smith starts outside or a veteran free agent does....just my opinion

Indeed. I think used correctly, he can get back to that level again. The Fangio defensive scheme seemed to frustrate a lot of our DB's, rightfully so.
Yes, it was outstanding in terms of disguise and rushing the passer but seemed to lack on the backend with the DBs. I hope Weaver is as billed, we needed the D to keep improving and implanting a new system isn't always the best thing when you stand to lose quality starters like Wilkins, Baker and Van Gink.

If Cam Smith can’t beat him out in his 2nd season then he is a bust.

I think they sign a vet CB to be #2 unless Cam steps up big time

I think they sign a vet CB to be #2 unless Cam steps up big time
I just put up a FA in the thread that would be awesome here. Bit of a cost (probably about 6-7m a year) but between him, Smith, Kohou, Ramsey (maybe a late rounder as well) I think we should be good at CB. But yeah, one FA pickup at that price or slightly less should work.

I don't know if I follow that logic? If Cam Smith plays at or near the level of Kohou we have a good problem.
No Cam Smith should be better than Kohou considering he was a 2nd round pick. If he can't beat him out then he shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round.

No Cam Smith should be better than Kohou considering he was a 2nd round pick. If he can't beat him out then he shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round.
Or Kohou was a diamond in the rough and is far outplaying his status. Saying someone should be better based on round status isn't the best metric to compare, it's like saying Tua should be better than Tom Brady since he was drafted in the 1st. Doesn't matter so long as Tua is playing half as good as Tom, it's still a win.

I agree that Smith needs to step up and contribute and as a 2nd round pick his potential is conceivably higher than a late round pick. However, if Smith plays like 2022 Kohou in 2024, Miami will be in a good place in the secondary.

Or Kohou was a diamond in the rough and is far outplaying his status. Saying someone should be better based on round status isn't the best metric to compare, it's like saying Tua should be better than Tom Brady since he was drafted in the 1st. Doesn't matter so long as Tua is playing half as good as Tom, it's still a win.

I agree that Smith needs to step up and contribute and as a 2nd round pick his potential is conceivably higher than a late round pick. However, if Smith plays like 2022 Kohou in 2024, Miami will be in a good place in the secondary.
I'm not talking about draft status as much as being able to perform at a level of where that player is drafted at. A 2nd round pick needs to be able to contribute by year 2 or it won't be long before he is considered a bust.

I'm not talking about draft status as much as being able to perform at a level of where that player is drafted at. A 2nd round pick needs to be able to contribute by year 2 or it won't be long before he is considered a bust.
Yes I do agree that expectations are much different for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round player over later round players.

Back
Top Bottom