"Fins have no interest in Buress" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Fins have no interest in Buress"

Challenger74

Starter
Reaction score
Saw this on PFT..

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/27/report-fins-not-interested-in-burress/

As we suspected, shooting oneself in the leg — despite the inherent stupidity of it — constitutes action worthy of the “thugs and hoodlums” label.
We say this because the Dolphins, per Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, have no interest in free-agent receiver Plaxico Burress.
Burress faces felony charges in New York for the possession of an unlicensed and loaded firearm. Barry Jackson of the Herald recently reported that Burress would “love” to play for the Dolphins.
But even if the Dolphins are out, another team is in. Supposedly. Per Bob Glauber of Newsday, agent Drew Rosenhaus said today that three franchises in all have expressed “serious interest” in Burress.
As we’ve recently pointed out, a football contract for Burress in 2009 likely hinges on his lawyer’s ability to obtain a trial date after the conclusion of the upcoming football season.

why do we have to come out and say we have no interest in a certain player everytime they say they want to be a dolphin?

why do we have to come out and say we have no interest in a certain player everytime they say they want to be a dolphin?

Because there are people in the front office of the fins who love to come to finheaven but hate all the new threads about any player who becomes available. Therefore they put out a press release to insure none of the posters on here start some obsurd rumor....which tends to happen anyway.

Patrick Turner is demostrably better in three areas:
- He is committed to the Dolphins
- He is not facing jail time
- He does not have a pattern of work issues (skipping meetings)

Skills wise no way he can compare with Plax's body of work, but if Plax's body of body is in jail his body of work is irrelevant.

This is based off an Armando article.
No credibility attached to this report at all.

ok ok ok ok I get it...we are trying to sign football angels with clean slates..parcelian like prototypes....Listen guys if anyone hasnt really noticed...though the dolphins have some great character guys...we do have some guys on the team that have had some issues in the past....i dont think the FO is judging on players pasts ...I think really if they are interested they bring the players in and talk to them face to face to see where they are...obviously if the dolphins were to sign a plaxico type guy they wouldnt break the bank on them which is why i think this wouldnt happen...but I wouldnt put it past the FO..listen man we were 11-5 last season AFC east champs u really think the FO is looking to take a step back? we over acheieved last year we are ahead of expectations.. expecting anything less than last years performance will kinda hinder our future progres..right now we are trying to win...we still have some areas of need but obviously wr is one...i see us picking upa surplus of wrs and just letting them battle it out...i have a strong feeling the wr corp will look nothing like last year...bess and ginn will be there but the other slots are open for competition...period..we all know this

i could care less but who from the dolphins ever came out and said they dont want burress?????
remember the jets swore they never would sign brett favre

Back
Top Bottom