Fins In Market For Vet Wr???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins In Market For Vet Wr????

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
THE MIAMI HERALD is reporting that miami could be in the market for a vet WR come june 1st if dennis northcutt or nazy muhamad of carolina become available .. just the fact that wanny was quoted as saying this tells me they are worried bout the WR corps ... with boston still too big @ 240lbs and no-one else shining in the #3 role .. this could be a problem when the season starts ... i get the feeling by ignoring the WR position on draft day .. this could be a repeat of last seasons blunder of NOT addressing a position of need ... there are no guarantees that northcutt or muhamad will be available .. and with soooo much uncertainty at the position as of RIGHT now .. it is making me nervous ... i just hope tolver or minnis can make something happen .. our 3 WR set is depending on it ....

Boston is a problem right now, but he will lose the weight and shake off the rust. I totally believe he will be ready for the season, and will be a solid #2 reciever. I would love them to add Northcutt or Muhammad to be our #3 reciever. That would be awesome!

dolfan91 said:
.. it is making me nervous ... i just hope tolver or minnis can make something happen .. our 3 WR set is depending on it ....
I doubt very seriously that Boston is a major concern right now. Wannstedt is giving him a reason to improve himself. That's a good thing.

As far as three WR sets, those will be used less this year. Wannstedt doesn't want to take Konrad and McMichael out of the game. The competition for #3 seems to be pretty good with DT, Tolver, Snoop, & Newson. The addition of new WR coach Sullivan should have an improving effect on those guys.

I say save the money and pay Chamber, McMichael, and Ogunleye.

dolfan91 said:
THE MIAMI HERALD is reporting that miami could be in the market for a vet WR come june 1st if dennis northcutt or nazy muhamad of carolina become available ..

I wouldn't mind bringing in one of those guys, with the usual caveat (cheap!) of course.

Hey, and bringing in Nazr Mohammed would give us a sure-fire red zone threat, being that he's 6'10 and all. He could block kicks, too!

Or maybe you meant Muhsin Muhammad. ;)

Seriously, though, those would be good guys to look at. Northcutt can return kicks. That alone should make him worth a look. Terence Wilkins appears to have lost it, and the Minor/Simmons group is mediocre at best. Muhammad's a tall guy with good hands who runs nice routes. Could be a good complement to our Chambers/Boston core. Plus, anything that might light a fire under Boston is a good thing.

northcutt will be looking for a payday we can´t afford

phunwin said:
Hey, and bringing in Nazr Mohammed would give us a sure-fire red zone threat, being that he's 6'10 and all. He could block kicks, too!
I just noticed that. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

sorry, but northcutt won't be cut. They MIGHT trade him, though not to the Ravens for an insulting 4th round pick. I would bet money he doesn't get traded. Also, reports are saying that he thinks he's a #1 WR, and should be paid accordingly.

I think he's another DT..lots of potential,b ut has a lot to prove.

the only part that dosen't have depth (competition) right now is d-line. i say if theres a decent tackle available, go get him. and northcutt

i hope youre right, i hope we are looking for another WR, i feel having 3 solid WRs would make us Better, yeah we shouldve drafted a Wr instead but whats done is done, lets move on and sign a good experienced WR....niether of the 2 mentioned above would be bad at all.

Northcutt and Muhammad would be the Front office's first choice. BUT, I don't know if Miami would surrender another draft pick after already giving up a 2nd(Feeley) and a 6th(Boston) in next years draft. So, the list of veteran WRs will probably come avialable after June 1st. Also, the Dolphins could look at Curtis COnway who has already been cut by the Jets. I don't think they will make a move until after June 1st, unless a really good trade deal comes up between the Browns fro Northcutt.

Back
Top Bottom