First Moves? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Moves?

So, looks like it's March 15th before teams have to be under the cap. What is the penalty if you aren't? Take draft picks away?

Oh I thought we lost a first for that. Did we do it again? 😂
Yes, just looked it up. 1st rounder in 2023 and 3rd rounder in 2024. I'm not mad at Ross for doing it. Most teams do it. It actually was his way to try to get to the Super Bowl by getting the GOAT, according to many, on the team. Look what he did in Tampa that year. I blame Flores. He knew about all of this crap but never said anything as long as he was employed there, but only shared after he was fired. That's not integrity.

If you can get Connor Williams back on a reasonable deal, that’s my first focus.

While Wilkins is a better player overall, the impact the center has on the offense and our QB is more vital in 2024. If it’s determined you won’t re-sign Williams on a team friendly deal, you make C the priority in the draft. Which also opens the door to move out of the 21st pick and acquire some much needed mid round selections.

If I can get Williams re-signed I’ll turn my attention to solving the TE riddle next. It’s a strong draft for OGs so I’ll find one of those somewhere in round 2 (or round 3 with an expected trade down).

I’ll deal with replacing Christian Wilkins in the draft and FA. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Hassan Reddick is an option if we want to trade off a cap hog.

Back
Top Bottom