Fisher doesn't decide today, Ross must move on and tell him no. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fisher doesn't decide today, Ross must move on and tell him no.

I just do not understand all the hype over Jeff Fisher. In 17 years as a head coach, he only had 6 winning seasons SIX! Why do we want him so bad here in Miami? As far as I am concerned, with Fisher, you know you are getting someone who has proven he is not a consistant winner through 17 years of coaching.

I just can not follow the reasoning behind rehiring an old NFL head coach that IS NOT a consistant winner. I hope I am wrong and whoever the Dolphins pick are a huge success and brings us a Super Bowl Title soon. But, it is also the personnel we put on the field as well as coaching. Coaching is just that coaching. We need better players and better talent for us to win and be playoff contenders consistantly!!

But as our history shows, in this case, expect at best mediocrity for the next 2-3 years maybe 1 playoff appearance at best. Jeff Fisher is not the answer by bethren.

Mr. Ross drop him today and continue to search seriously. It sucks but, maybe there is a diamond in the rough out there somewhere who can surround himself with great players and a QB who can win a Super Bowl. Who knows.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Ck, if u dont mind, whats ur thoughts on fisher as a potential head coach for us? Right fit? Another J.J, sporono etc?
Is he worth all of this etc? Please an honest assesment

My honest opinion is yes, he's worth it.

I think he's highly respected for a reason. I think in Tennessee he had some disadvantages that he had to overcome, between a bad owner, moving from Houston to Memphis, low roster talent at times, moving from Memphis to Nashville, bad management of the salary cap causing salary purges and rebuilding efforts, and then Vince Young. I like how he overcame those challenges.

Bill Polian along with a lot of other executives have commonly referred to him as a top 5 coach in the NFL. Some even say top 3. There's a reason for that.

You have to look at Mike Freeman's recent column about him. Freeman was covering the losing locker room after the Rams beat the Titans in the Super Bowl. At one point, Freeman thought the players were playing some kind of joke on him. Why? Because every player he interviewed said the same words, like some sort of mantra...I'm disappointed that we let down Coach Fisher. Over and over again. His players love him.

He prepares his teams well for football games. He knows the rules and the manages the game really well.

And a thing that maybe doesn't get talked about as much is that his reputation is so good and he's built so many contacts within the league that this is a guy that will never have a problem filling out his coaching staff. Other coaches want to work with him, not just because he's known as a good coach, but because he's a guy that is known to treat everyone with respect and to let his coaches coach. He's got sort of that Tony Dungy thing going where everyone respects the man. You know there are tons of coaches out there that are sons of ******* and yeah there are coaches out there that like them but there are also a lot of people out there that hate him.

Jeff Fisher is almost universally loved and respected, and the only crack in the armor came from a QB-HC situation that was allowed to fester and divide the locker room. Was that Fisher's fault? Partly. He has a lot of confidence in himself to get the most out of players, because he's seen how hard players tend to play for him, and so every now and then he thinks he can handle a Pacman Jones when really nobody can. So he had a few of those types on roster during the Vince Young years. But really the only reason that resulted in such a schism was because Fisher was handcuffed and not allowed to do with Vince Young as he wanted to. He never wanted him in the first place, which is already strike one. But when it became apparent that Vince was and would continue to be a problem, Fisher wasn't allowed to just cut him and move on. Bud Adams wouldn't allow it. If Fisher had that authority he could have nipped the situation in the bud and prevented a locker room schism.

During the 16 seasons where Fisher was a head coach full time, he had the 7th best record in the NFL despite a lot of things going against him. I respect him for that.

Calling Jeff Fisher another Tony Sparano is like calling Jake Long another Duane Brown.

I think the reality is there were about 3 high profile, extremely well qualified coaches available this off season. Two of them ended up bowing out to stay in TV, which emphasizes that Miami would be getting the 1 of the 3 that is the LEAST likely to duck out on his contract early when things get too hard. Fisher wants a Super Bowl. He doesn't have one yet. By ducking out, I think Cowher and Gruden showed that they're the ones that are most like Jimmy Johnson. Fisher took last year off (because he left the Titans really late in the off season), but there was never any doubt in his mind about coming back in 2012 and I have heard he spent the year preparing for exactly that.

And there you have it, St. Louis Rams. You just made a great hire.

Miami Dolphins, you dropped the ball.

And there you have it, St. Louis Rams. You just made a great hire.

Miami Dolphins, you dropped the ball.

Would you have been willing to give Fisher complete control over the roster because apparently, that's what it would have taken to land him.

Back
Top Bottom