Fisher in Nashville making final decision-Miami very much an option | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fisher in Nashville making final decision-Miami very much an option

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Now Jeff Fisher takes a day to pick the Rams or Dolphins. After spending five hours at the Rams' practice facility in suburban Earth City, Mo., Sunday, the former Titans coach returned to Nashville to consider his options. By Tuesday, I expect he'll have figured out whether St. Louis or Miami is the best place for him; and his agent, Marvin Demoff, will begin negotiating with one team, or both if it's every close. Expect a resolution by Thursday.
Fisher, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, is concerned about the possibility of the Rams moving to Los Angeles, and he'll want to have that concern addressed by owner Stan Kroenke before making his final call. He also has concerns about Miami, and it's expected he'll ask both clubs to clarify their positions on several matters before he decides.
As I said Saturday on NBC, I expect the Dolphins and owner Stephen Ross to be the high bidders if this comes to pitting one franchise against the other. But I also expect Fisher to go to the place he feels he has the best chance to win. In Miami, the pros are he'd have a playoff-ready defense, some good offensive pieces and an owner willing to spend whatever it takes to win; the cons are he wouldn't have a franchise quarterback, and he'd be battling Bill Belichick and Tom Brady for (just guessing) at least the next three years.
Pros in St. Louis: Sam Bradford's still likely an excellent quarterback prospect, the team is flush with cap room in the next two years, there's no franchise quarterbacks on the other three teams, and the Rams could leverage the second pick in this draft into two to four high picks. Cons: the mystery of Kroenke and what he'll spend, and whether he might move to L.A.

If the decision is too hard either way, why not take another year off? That would be fine avec moi!

This a playoff-ready D, but as a 3-4.. not if he monkeys with it.

Man, I never was in love with bringing this guy in, but figured with his experience and how close he got to winning it all that he may have worked out. Now, I'm totally sour on him and his moustache. Please God not another Wannstache. It's like Groundhog Day up in this franchise.

Hey OP.. you have 2 threads.. one saying he's in Nashville deciding his fate, then another saying he had flown home to California to decide his fate... pick one.

im tired of thsi whole thing.

i am COMPLETELY sour on this guy.

this is just DUMB now. who is this guy? he is not that great. why does he get to take like 2 weeks to do this crap.

he goes to play footsey with the entire Rams team yesterday, now he may negotiate with both teams.

great so we basically give this guy whatever he wants to come here and he is NOT a top tier candidate. he is NOT cowher or Gruden. he is Jeff fisher. that irrelevant guy who has been coaching an irrelevant TN team for 17 years.

ross and peterson need to duck out if hes not 100 percent with us by tonight. com'on we have other candidates many of who are BETTER candidates. i Cannot honestly beleive we are letting a great opportunity to find the RIGHT guy among several candidates to finally turn this team around slip right by us by spending several WEEKS on ONE guy who is not that great. god im losing patenience with this idiot ross.

How is the Rams' current lack of talent not listed in the cons?

On offense the only players that seem worth a damn are Steven Jackson, Rodger Saffold and Jason Brown. And among them, Jackson and Brown are high contract guys. On defense the only guys that seem worth a damn are Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, and maybe Quintin Mikell although it should be noted he'll be 32 years old next year. James Hall plays pretty well but he'll be 35 next year. Gary Gibson played pretty well. They have Robert Quinn who was a high draft pick but he's not done anything to indicate he's worth a damn or not.

Overall it seems like a pretty bad roster. I would think that Miami's roster is much more attractive even if we don't have Sam Bradford.

Primary reason it might actually be a good thing if Fisher doesn't come here: The inevitable irritating "Fish to the Fish!" headlines.

Why are we upset with Fisher for the way the media has handled this? Jeff Fisher has never made a decision, it's always been speculation.

It's also worth noting Omar said "total control is already on the table".

Why are we upset with Fisher for the way the media has handled this? Jeff Fisher has never made a decision, it's always been speculation.

It's also worth noting Omar said "total control is already on the table".

Thank you... too many people around here reporting speculation as facts.

Back
Top Bottom