Flex Scheduling for 2010 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flex Scheduling for 2010

Sal Lisitano

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me out. I went to NFL.com and wanted to figure out how the flex scheduling works this season.

I'm pretty sure that it stated in Week 10 for the 2009 seaon. On NFL.com it say's that last season was the first time it was done and that part is true but it also say's that for the 2007 they are goint to do it again...they probably meant to say 2010. It also sounds like it will begin week 11 this season.

Does anyone have more info on this?

Go Fins!!!

NBC Sunday Night Football has the option of changing one scheduled game from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night during weeks 11 through 17 of the NFL football season.

Fox and CBS are able to protect 5 of their games for weeks 11 through 16, but no games can be locked in the final weekend. (Unfortunately, this year we have not been able to get any inside info about which games have been protected.)

Only three teams can appear 6 times in primetime on NBC, ESPN or NFL Network throughout the course of the season, and the remaining teams can only appear 5 times in primetime. No team is able to appear on NBC Sunday Night Football more than 4 times in one season.

NBC Sports must make their decision about any flex schedule changes 12 days in advance of the scheduled game for weeks 11 through 16, and they are able to decide 6 days in advance of the final game on week 17.

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl/flex/

I remember right cards and vikes where the game last year to be changed by flex

Back
Top Bottom