Florida Gator first round please- Kyle Pitts & Kadarius Toney | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Florida Gator first round please- Kyle Pitts & Kadarius Toney

as much as i hate the gators and our past gator flop picks (pouncey, crowder etc). If we walk away with those two guys, im happy. **** throw in TrasK later on also

YOU DONT DRAFT AN RB IN THE FIRST ROUND. Now, for a while I was about drafting a rb at number 18 but now after settling down a little bit, it's just not a good value. Our #18 should be bpa whether that's another wr, de, lt-rt, or lb. But it should not be a rb. But yes, Tony is someone who I think a lot of people are sleeping on.

YOU DONT DRAFT AN RB IN THE FIRST ROUND. Now, for a while I was about drafting a rb at number 18 but now after settling down a little bit, it's just not a good value. Our #18 should be bpa whether that's another wr, de, lt-rt, or lb. But it should not be a rb. But yes, Tony is someone who I think a lot of people are sleeping on.

which one is a RB?

would you have taken derrick henry , Alvin Kamara, Mcaffrey and a dozen others in the first . two of the mentioned weren't first round picks, i know.

Always love the dont draft a RB in the 1st round. I guess it's always better to draft a project nickel CB that stinks. I do think Jonathan Taylor is a top 10 RB that actually plays in the game. Fin fans love the 1st round pick that sits on the bench and is cheerleader because he stinks.

would you have taken derrick henry , Alvin Kamara, Mcaffrey and a dozen others in the first . two of the mentioned weren't first round picks, i know.
No, because rb's are not a position that can get a team to the sb. I dont mean the position itself, I mean, they aren't the reasons why the teams did or didn't make it. Look at Adrian Peterson, more recently look at Zeke. Prescott goes down and Zeke did nothing to elevate his team. Look at McCaffrey now. He's a great player but the team went nowhere. I believe, in today's NFL, RB is a complimentary piece, not the main. Therefor I don't draft RBs in the first anymore. 20-30 years ago, yes, but not now

Early 2nd round seems to be the spot for the RB....the question is, will the one we want still be there at 36? Hard to tell but Jax and the jets are picking ahead of us and so is Atlanta......if Pitt takes a RB at 24 then I believe Harris/Etienne and Williams will all be gone before we pick at 36

No, because rb's are not a position that can get a team to the sb. I dont mean the position itself, I mean, they aren't the reasons why the teams did or didn't make it. Look at Adrian Peterson, more recently look at Zeke. Prescott goes down and Zeke did nothing to elevate his team. Look at McCaffrey now. He's a great player but the team went nowhere. I believe, in today's NFL, RB is a complimentary piece, not the main. Therefor I don't draft RBs in the first anymore. 20-30 years ago, yes, but not now
so with that, im assuming it is ok to pick one in the early 2nd? which is why every year there is a run on RBs that got passed over in the first. Teams will often trade up to the first 8-10 picks of the 2nd. SO with that being said, why wait for the everyone to pounce if there is someone that is going to help you win? Harris or Etienne would be an amazing help for Tua, the offense and the team IMO. Worthy of a first (we have two anyways)

I love the Gators but that typically means I don't want any part of them when it comes to the Dolphin's draft because I know the player's flaws too well. Pitts is an exception to that rule for me, his game will translate very well IMO.

Toney on the other hand, yes he will be there at #18 for sure but I wouldn't touch him there or even with our 1st pick in the 2nd round, he's got tantalizing ability with the ball in his hands but he's just not consistent, polished, not sure what to call it but we can do better.

Similar to how I have steered away from Dolphins on my fantasy team for past 20 years, we've sucked and I knew our guys wouldn't produce, for the most part. That's one reason last year was so awesome for me, I picked up the dolphin defense and kicker right before the Rams game and then watched both start crushing it, was fun. Pitts can be the same, Toney I pass unless can get much lower in draft than projected.

Not interested in Toney in the first round or even early second. He is strictly a slot and needs a lot of work on route running. But if he’s there at 50, I’d totally take him—whether we already landed a WR or not.

Don't care where Toney went to school. He is not a natural catcher of the football. Like Smith is. He lets the ball get in on him and doesnt seem to have soft hands. Plus he is not a polished route runner. Also word is out there he is not the smartest dude in the elevator.
Moore in the 2nd is better by miles.
Just going to Alabama or Ole Miss proves you're not smart. ;)

I love the Gators but that typically means I don't want any part of them when it comes to the Dolphin's draft because I know the player's flaws too well. Pitts is an exception to that rule for me, his game will translate very well IMO.

Toney on the other hand, yes he will be there at #18 for sure but I wouldn't touch him there or even with our 1st pick in the 2nd round, he's got tantalizing ability with the ball in his hands but he's just not consistent, polished, not sure what to call it but we can do better.

Similar to how I have steered away from Dolphins on my fantasy team for past 20 years, we've sucked and I knew our guys wouldn't produce, for the most part. That's one reason last year was so awesome for me, I picked up the dolphin defense and kicker right before the Rams game and then watched both start crushing it, was fun. Pitts can be the same, Toney I pass unless can get much lower in draft than projected.

Why pass on Toney? Honest inquiry.

I hope they don’t draft Toney in the first or second round. He looks like a player who could be decent in the NFL or a complete bust.

If he is there in the third round he might be worth the risk but I want them to draft players with their first 4 picks who can come in and start immediately. I just don’t see Toney as that type player.

Why pass on Toney? Honest inquiry.
I think Gatorfin 73 has already answered your question. Because he stated he would’t draft Toney early because he isn’t consistent or polished.
I assume you and Gatorfin73 watch a lot more Gator games than I do. So one Gator fan is all about drafting Toney at 18 and the other Gator fan wouldn’t draft him even with the Dolphins first pick in the second round.

I think most people agree Pitts is a top 10 or higher pick in the draft but I have seen mock drafts that don’t even show Toney being drafted in the first two rounds.

I will rely on Grier to make the decision on Toney if he is still on the board when they draft in the second round but I would much rather see them draft a DE, OT, or LB at 18 than Toney. Especially since I expect them to draft a receiver with their first pick.

I think Gatorfin 73 has already answered your question. Because he stated he would’t draft Toney early because he isn’t consistent or polished.
I assume you and Gatorfin73 watch a lot more Gator games than I do. So one Gator fan is all about drafting Toney at 18 and the other Gator fan wouldn’t draft him even with the Dolphins first pick in the second round.

I think most people agree Pitts is a top 10 or higher pick in the draft but I have seen mock drafts that don’t even show Toney being drafted in the first two rounds.

I will rely on Grier to make the decision on Toney if he is still on the board when they draft in the second round but I would much rather see them draft a DE, OT, or LB at 18 than Toney. Especially since I expect them to draft a receiver with their first pick.
I never said I wanted to draft him at all or @ #19.

I doubt the Dolphins would get the best use of him, much less Pitts. Time will tell.

Not counting on them being very creative, etc.

Back
Top Bottom