FO, Don't waste ogun... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FO, Don't waste ogun...

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With so many options, the front office has to get this right.

Initially my preference was tag ogun with a 1st and 3rd, if we get it(even late first rounder), great, if not hes ours and then next year we can pay him or franchise tag him and get 2 1sts if he leaves.

Now however i think if we could get a top 15 pick for him(feel around the league to find out how likely it would be) then tag with just a first rounder.
Then we could swap the early first for a later first and a second(maybe more) since the top talent at the positions we need would be gone(gallery, andrews, eli, ben), aside from WR, but we could probably get that in any round of the draft this year, so id rather accumulate picks and say get a michael clayton and have a second round pick, then take reggie williams at say 10(best possible spot probably, still unlikely). This way we fill our holes and have extra picks to get younger all over the field.

any thoughts?

I don't know how many teams will bring in OGun for a first rounder. He doesn't get a lot of credit around the league because he plays with JT, and this is his only real super year. I think he will be back with us next year.

The Dolphins don't get to choose who Ogun signs with. We can feel around with the teams holding the top 15 picks all we want, but if the Eagles offer the best contract (which is possible), then we would get their pick - 30th overall.

The 30th pick is equivalent to a second round pick in my opinion. We should put the tag on him for a 1st and 3rd and be willing to negotiate with teams in the top 15 of the draft. We can tell those teams we would take a 1st and 4th instead since the 1st round pick is so high.

I agree with you that we need all the picks we can get.

Back
Top Bottom