Foerster is implementing a new offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Foerster is implementing a new offense

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
"NFL Playbook" on the NFL Network said that Chris Foerster has been working on installing the 3 WR offense similar to the one Peyton has in Indy & what Minnesota used to run. With Minor running the ball this type of offense fits him. It'll mean less time for Konrad though.

This is what I've been hoping would happen, I think this will work better then a 2 WR set. Anyone think maybe we should pick up another wr? Ive said since the minute I heard ricky retired, bring in McCardel and run more 3 WR sets....anyone think he might get cut?

Not to be pessimistic, but could you provide a link. It's after 2am in the morning here and I have seen too much BS to just fall for a random post, sorry.

Edit: My appologies, I don't have the NFL Network, just realized that when I read the post again. Is there perhaps another source?

I don't think he'll be cut but we could probably trade for him. We should probably keep 6 WRs in this case & one of them should be Wilkins due to his experience in the system. Snoop, Tolver, Wilkins, Newson, & Simmons will definitely have to play better.

BlitPhinFan said:
Not to be pessimistic, but could you provide a link. It's after 2am in the morning here and I have seen too much BS to just fall for a random post, sorry.

Edit: My appologies, I don't have the NFL Network, just realized that when I read the post again. Is there perhaps another source?

Yeah, it's after 2 a.m. here too. If you have satellite it's on the NFL Network. I wouldn't B.S. you. It came straight from the horse's brother's mouth(Sterling Sharpe). I checked both the Sentinel & Herald but neither have anything on that but you had to figure a change was coming anyway due to Foerster's history in those types of offenses.

You forgot Thompson. He was the 3rd as of now I thought.

Terry Kirby? Mack? we might as well get a 3rd receiver-and let konrad play tailback on 1st and second-minor on 3rd-anyone for fred russell? mc cardell seems a little farfetched at this point but maybe....like mandich says-BOLD, AGGRESSIVE, MAKE A STATEMENT-not Wannstedt's style up to this point-hope he surprises me-spielman &co. bringing in ricky in the first place actually was pretty bold....though we got screwed in the end-had to try....anyone for my Ricky paraphernalia bonfire? see my thread

Well it's about friggin' time....we'll see how long that lasts during the season. I'm not getting my hopes to high on anything at this point.

Yeah, it's after 2 a.m. here too. If you have satellite it's on the NFL Network. I wouldn't B.S. you. It came straight from the horse's brother's mouth(Sterling Sharpe). I checked both the Sentinel & Herald but neither have anything on that but you had to figure a change was coming anyway due to Foerster's history in those types of offenses.
Nay, I am stuck with cable in my area, unfortunately. Hopefully I will see some articles about it in the morning. It still pisses me off that the NFL is keeping thier contracts exclusive to Direct TV. I have no southern sky line of sight in my area. I protested left and right to the NFL and Time Warner to get the NFL Network, but of course nothing came of it.

Ah well, it's time to hit the sack and I will be back tomorrow(err.. haha.. later today) to check on the latest.

I wish all Phin Fans a great night!

GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foerster? St. Clair? jerman vs. yates vs. whitley? Minor and henry? those season tickets are looking mighty expensive compared to last week...and i'm in lower bowl corner end zone-poor club seat people

Well I thinkn that most of us have been calling for this and spreading out the D will benefit minors style. As for DT, the kid does have some talent, and if anyone can get him to play good (all we need with DB and CC in with him) it is sulliven. I still think that K Newsome is very talented and will gradually get in more and more as the season progress and eventually be the 3rd guy...he is very explosive and as proven last year, he can get open, he just needs to gain confidence in himself and playing at this level. Last year he was overwhelmed....Also cant wait to see Russell back there osme in this formation. jmho

Need better options for #3 WR but the specter of the QB'ing raises it's ugly head. Can the OL provide adequate protection in a more pass-oriented offense? Wasn't pass protection Wade Smith's major negative? St Clair is a run blocker not a pass blocker

Well Clump, if the passing game has some west coast schemes in the shorter passing zones, the line in theory wouldnt have to hold their blocks as long, and it would be more in tune with what AJ ran before. As for the #3, I think DT will be OK, not great but adequate. Wade Smith wasnt horrible as a pass blocker, he had major problems though with the titans and with Freely from Indy (who by the way got the last game desciding sack due to Pot heads missed block on the double team). Other than that he did good. I'm actually more concerned about Smiths run blocking. As for St. Clair, at tackle I have read that he has had some problems, but I think Carey will play there and St. Clair will slide to OG where he is better suited. I guess we'll find out soon though.

Now that Ricky is gone our season is pretty much gonna depend on the success of AJ Feeley, Thats why we need to sign a 3rd WR like McCarrdel and hope if we give Feeley enough weapons he can get it done. As for the line they sucked last year at run blocking and pass blocking hopefully we will run shorter routes to help the O-line out. This would also help Feeley because it would be somewhat similiar to the system in Philly. A pass heavy 3 WR system might hurt James & McKinney though. James was bought in for his pulling run blocks I dont know how good he is against the pass. It would hurt McKinney because it would means team would blitz more and McKinney is the one making the line calls and is inexperienced at that.

Back
Top Bottom