Foerster is implementing a new offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Foerster is implementing a new offense

Clumpy said:
Need better options for #3 WR but the specter of the QB'ing raises it's ugly head. Can the OL provide adequate protection in a more pass-oriented offense? Wasn't pass protection Wade Smith's major negative? St Clair is a run blocker not a pass blocker
St. Clair isn't starting anyways, Vernon Carey is.

One thing is for sure, we arent going to see running up the gut three times in a row consistantly.

VJ1252 said:
Now that Ricky is gone our season is pretty much gonna depend on the success of AJ Feeley, Thats why we need to sign a 3rd WR like McCarrdel and hope if we give Feeley enough weapons he can get it done. As for the line they sucked last year at run blocking and pass blocking hopefully we will run shorter routes to help the O-line out. This would also help Feeley because it would be somewhat similiar to the system in Philly. A pass heavy 3 WR system might hurt James & McKinney though. James was bought in for his pulling run blocks I dont know how good he is against the pass. It would hurt McKinney because it would means team would blitz more and McKinney is the one making the line calls and is inexperienced at that.

The sucess will depend on one thing, the O-line. If it works, everything else will fall into place. :D

finzfan4life said:
St. Clair isn't starting anyways, Vernon Carey is.

At the moment, St. Clair is first on the depth chart. Carey has to take the spot in camp; it's not going to be handed to him. He SHOULD win it, but it's not out of the question that St. Clair starts the year at RT.

VJ1252 said:
Now that Ricky is gone our season is pretty much gonna depend on the success of AJ Feeley, Thats why we need to sign a 3rd WR like McCarrdel and hope if we give Feeley enough weapons he can get it done. As for the line they sucked last year at run blocking and pass blocking hopefully we will run shorter routes to help the O-line out. This would also help Feeley because it would be somewhat similiar to the system in Philly. A pass heavy 3 WR system might hurt James & McKinney though. James was bought in for his pulling run blocks I dont know how good he is against the pass. It would hurt McKinney because it would means team would blitz more and McKinney is the one making the line calls and is inexperienced at that.
How exactly do u say we bring in McCardell? For one thing hes 34, and another thing tht old WR with have a steep price tag. I think well have to trust DT again for another year.

Clumpy said:
Need better options for #3 WR but the specter of the QB'ing raises it's ugly head. Can the OL provide adequate protection in a more pass-oriented offense? Wasn't pass protection Wade Smith's major negative? St Clair is a run blocker not a pass blocker

Clump, the rules have changed. We have what we have and it's time to pass. This is chaos at it's worst.

I can say with utmost surety now...........No Playoffs, no Wannestedt. Even with that success he still maybe a goner.

yankeehillbilly said:
Im not sure Dave can go against his nature and allow a pass oriented offense to be run under his command...even if by necessity.
It does seem doubtful Yank, it would be hard on his constitution.

All his mustache hairs would fall out.

This season is the first in a new era.

I now have no dreams of Super bowls and playoffs, but I do have dreams of watching players who actually want to be here playing football try as hard as they can to do everything in their power to win.

Ricky probably did this as well, but it was painfully obvious he never liked football that much.

We may see some kinda hybrid wco/Turner offense to help with the downgrade in the running game.
As far as Dave not wanting to change the offense, he may wanna remember that Bellick came from the Vikings and didn't have the talent to run his offense as effectively as he wanted and relied on the running game and that amazing defense to win a superbowl for him.
Dave may need to rely on a more pass ball control oriented offense and the defense which(if O-guns signs) should be outstanding.

You would think Wannschmuck would be all for doing anything that saves his job. This is how stupid Dave Wannschmuck is- without his star RB, around whom the entire offense was built, staring unemployment square in the face, and he STILL wants to run the ball 40 times a game. That right there should tell you all you need to know about Wannschmuck. And why I look giddily forward to seeing the a--bag get canned.

Back
Top Bottom