Football Gameplan's 2014 Inside the War Room - Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football Gameplan's 2014 Inside the War Room - Miami Dolphins

That would be great, but not sure Evans makes it out of the top 15 and maybe the top 10. I also can't imagine Hyde making it to round 6. I would be thrilled with this draft, but can't see it happening. I do appreciate the effort though on the presentation.

That would be great, but not sure Evans makes it out of the top 15 and maybe the top 10. I also can't imagine Hyde making it to round 6. I would be thrilled with this draft, but can't see it happening. I do appreciate the effort though on the presentation.

I agree with this. I know you said that the picks were based on your rankings but there's no way that either of those guys slide that far.

I thought we got the 7th back? I think I read that somewhere. I have to wonder was Mike Evans productive just because of the improvisation of Manziel? Those extra sec. that Johnny spent running around, did that make it harder to cover the receivers? I would love to get Turner and Dozier. Although, I think that Turner might not last till our 2nd rd pick. Lastly, I think there is no way that Hyde last until the 6th. If he did, that would be the steal of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't watched yet because I'm at work, but good to still see you at it, Em!

i would love to grab evans in the first i just dont see him falling to 19. i see turner more of a 3rd or 4th rnd guy, but agree he is talented. i would love to grab Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 2nd being the top te imo

First of all, never use our logo front and center. It merely serves to represent how overmatched we are. For example, look at the stadium proposals of Ross and Beckham. Two different caliber of individuals. Ross wants his legacy to be a patch of a 27 year old venue. Yep, that will be legendary. Michelangelo patched the Sistine Chapel, and so forth.

Beckham understands that you have to be bold and unique, even if there are initial concerns from the petrified lemmings.

Anyway, Mike Evans won't make it to our pick. I think he's kind of a jerk but he'll probably be a productive jerk.

More than anything, the Dolphins can't afford to carry the same foolish philosophy into this draft, the one that was responsible for the early selections of Ronnie Brown, Ryan Tannehill and Dion Jordan. Those guys weren't great in college. They were projections. Now, projecting is immensely popular on this site and elsewhere. Fans love to pretend that all a guy needs is more experience. Disregard that he's been healthy all along yet far below some of his peers. Just give the guy more time. It's laughably flawed thinking but the same crew will carry that thought process throughout their lives.

When you make an adjustment like that, you are supposed to be rewarded. It's not the favorite. Therefore the payoff should be significantly higher than the initial investment. The dunce Dolphins do it in reverse. They pay a high premium beforehand and then desperately hope it's somehow justified.

It's unbelievable that Dion Jordan is the third pick one year, and the next year that same slot might belong to someone like Clowney, who was the consensus best player coming out of high school. That's where you want the high pick allegiance to be, with someone who has demonstrated special traits all along.

Back
Top Bottom