???? for all MICHIGAN fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

???? for all MICHIGAN fans

ghostface95

Starter
Reaction score
First off Saturday was a tough loss, but alot of people had UTAH winning anyways and I tip my hat to them for not giving up and almost coming back to win the game.

Back to the business at hand, I've been racking my brain all night wondering something that maybe someone can help me with.

Who did Michigan play for a bowl game in the 2005 season??? I know in 2004 we lost to Texas in the Rose Bowl (helluva game). In 2006 we were overmatched by USC (score was alot closer than it looked). Last season of course we beat Florida and our guy CHAD outplayed Mr. Heisman. SO WHO IN THE SAM HELL DID WE PLAY IN 2005 BOWL GAME ??? WHAT WAS THE RESULT WIN OR LOSS???

my one complaint about Saturday is early on we used too many "speed" guys instead of the right guys.

The defense struggled when Marrell Evans was in instead of Jonas Mouton, and they didn't play Ryan Van Burgan early enough.

The offense was a hell of a lot better when Stevie Threet was in as opposed to Nick Sheridan. I really don't think it matters though as I feel they're just keeping the seat warm for Tate Forcier (who committed to Michigan on the spot after visiting).

I saw flashes there in the game, but the team is still very young... and I'm not really impressed with either QB.... RR is doing a helluva recruiting job though.

another thing about saturday's game that pissed me off was:

why was the secondary giving Utah's receivers a big cushion like every down???

Yeah the offense seemed more in tune when Threet was under center compared to Sheridan. With Sheridan leading the offense after we made the score 10-9 I stopped watching until the late 3rd quarter.

Tate's the youngest of the 3 Forcier brothers. The middle brother Justin (a former 4* Recruit) originally committed to Michigan to take over after Henne, but transferred to Stanford after Ryan Mallet committed to Michigan. Tate is probably the best prospect of the bunch, but is in a very loaded QB class.

Tate is one of the top dual-threat QBs in the class, and has been a Michigan lean even after his family kind of felt Justin was snubbed by Carr. He tried to committ to Michigan back in July, but Rich Rod said he promised Kevin Newsome and Shodverick Beaver that he would only take 2 QBs. Newsome decommitted because of hometown pressure, and Forcier quickly committed to the place he wants to be. Many consider him the most NCAA ready QB after Matt Barkley (who is bar none the best player in the country)

They really didn't give Utah big cushions as much as they had 2 inexperienced LBs playing (Painter and Evans). When Mouton replaced Evans, the D did so much better.

^^^^
that is a great post about Tate - thanks!

The defense sucked for a half and they played well - Threet played better than Sheridan I thought although some M fans think both are just 2nd string

What stunned me was 36 yards on a handful of attempts rushing - Michigan does not play, let alone, win that way

after today's game I've come to these conclusions...

Sam McGuffie and Mike Shaw both look really good

The OL is getting better

The defense should be dominant especially with guys like Mike Martin and Ryan Van Bergan looking good coming off the bench. Obi Ezeh,Tim Jamison,Terrence Taylor, Brandon Graham, and Donovan Warren have all looked absolutely domiant the last two weeks (now if only Warren could get an int)

Stevie Brown is a horrible S, even Ryan Mundy looked better in coverage while at Michigan.

While Steve Threet is obviously a lot better than Nick Sheridan, he sails way to many easy passes. Tate Forcier very well could be the 2009 starting QB.

1. While Steve Threet is obviously a lot better than Nick Sheridan

2. Tate Forcier very well could be the 2009 starting QB.

1. Many M fans would dispute the word "lot" -- and question the use of the word "better" other than to argue who is 2nd string and who is 3rd.

2. He or another freshman will be starting qb next year.

Now the Miami(OH) game was alot better than the Utah game. The defense played more consistent from beginning to end. THE ONLY PROBLEM THIS YEAR LOOKS LIKE WHO IN THE HELL IS GONNA BE THE QB??? Threet looked pretty decent last week and then yesterday ummmmmm??? McGuffie looked better and I credit the O-line for that. After watching Notre Dame struggle with SDSU for 3 1/2 quarters FELLOW MICHIGAN FANS WHAT ARE OUR CHANCES OF VICTORY IN SOUTH BEND NEXT SATURDAY????

defense will hold it's own. Our front 4 (especially Jamison even though the numbers aren't there) have been fairly dominant, Obi Ezeh is becoming an elite LB (and with Mouton and Thompson in the game instead of Panter and Evans the LBs are great), and Donovan Warren is quickly becoming an elite CB in the country (he's shutting down his side of the field, he just has rock hands). Only weakness on D has been safety play.

Really all depends on how the offense plays.

Terrance Taylor is my neighbor and we share the same optometrist

but I am falling deeply in love with Obi Ezeh

Terrance Taylor is my neighbor and we share the same optometrist

but I am falling deeply in love with Obi Ezeh

what's amazing about Ezeh is this is only the 2nd year he's played LB. He was recruited as a RB/FB and was moved to LB last summer because of a lack of depth.

If you ever talk to Taylor, ask him how he feels about playing NT for Miami next year

Back
Top Bottom