Former Broncos center Steve Vallos also coming in for a look | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Broncos center Steve Vallos also coming in for a look

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
2 p.m.: Add veteran center Steve Vallos to the list of players who have been summoned to Dolphins headquarters for a Monday audition.

Vallos joins Samson Satele and Daryn Colledge (see below) as players scheduled to work out for the team on Monday.

Miami is searching for a veteran who can help compensate for the loss of center Mike Pouncey, who is expected to miss between two and six regular season games after hip surgery.

Vallos, 30, has played in 59 games over seven seasons, with nine starts. He played two years in Seattle, two in Cleveland, and for Philadelphia, Jacksonville and Denver the past three seasons.

He appeared in 15 regular season games for Denver last season, according to NFL.com, but logged only nine offensive snaps, according to ProFootballFocus.com. But he was forced into action during the Super Bowl because of an injury to Denver's center.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-samson-satele-for-workout.html#storylink=cpy

Yeah, 9 snaps last year, and 2 fill in's in 2012 does not inspire much confidence. He would be one of the vets who come in with no guarantees and a longshot to make the team.

Hopefully there will be some better players available when teams cut down to 53 in late August.

We're bringing in some real nobodies for workouts but all that is left now is a list of scrubs.

Well Satale and Colledge have been starters most of their career so I don't think they are nobodies. Vallos on the other hand who has 2 starts in the last 4 years is definitely a nobody. He was promising when he first came into the league with Seattle but never developed.
The best of this bunch is Colledge but none of this guys is going to get much of contract .

We're bringing in some real nobodies for workouts but all that is left now is a list of scrubs.

True, but this GM seems to see something in "nobodys". Who would have thought about bringing in Shelly Smith and paying him starter money?? Shelly is a bigger "nobody" than several names on that list of centers. So maybe he knows something we don't, or then again maybe he just wants to see Ryan in a body cast...

True, but this GM seems to see something in "nobodys". Who would have thought about bringing in Shelly Smith and paying him starter money?? Shelly is a bigger "nobody" than several names on that list of centers. So maybe he knows something we don't, or then again maybe he just wants to see Ryan in a body cast...

Shelly is barely getting starter money.

$2.5 in 2014
$3.0 in 2015

doesnt even crack top 25 paid Guards in 2014

Body cast? He'll be in a coffin if we don't get our o-line shored up.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

We may as well bring Seth McKinney and Tim Ruddy in for a tryout too. Hell, bring in Marc Colombo while we're at it.

Shelly is barely getting starter money.

$2.5 in 2014
$3.0 in 2015

doesnt even crack top 25 paid Guards in 2014
Not sure how a guy that has never been a starter except as injury replacment gets that money

Market sets the value.

I understand that aspect but the only reported offer was from us. New England did not make an offer.
I think its beyond hard to set the market value for a guy with his limited experience starting.
I mean if all u say is market sets value than no guy is ever given a contract that is more than it should be.

Offensive linemen with much more success and experience than him have been paid much less in the so called market.
I think its to easy just to say market value, because if any team pays any price someone can call that market value.
Therefore no one can be overpaid

The only bit of optimism I can offer is Beaton will be evaluating these guys that are coming in for a try out and what we have.:ponder:

Back
Top Bottom