Former Fins Charles Harris quietly having a good season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Fins Charles Harris quietly having a good season

Billy Turner is another 'bust' that has made a decent living in the NFL after leaving Miami. For some reason we just are not good as a franchise in developing raw players.

The issue seems to go back through multiple coaching regimes so it's not just one person's fault. Almost seems like a franchise curse. The Ghost of Shula or the like.
Its not the franchise...its the coaches.

Harris was miscast as a DE in a four man front, in Miami. He's playing OLB in Detroit and has settled in, as a guy, that can be used with regularity, in a rotation. I'm happy he's finally playing with confidence.

Another Grier 1st round bust! He's still a bust despite his 6 sacks. We all know a starting DE can get several sacks a year by accident. If he has 10 when the seasons over and he can rack up at least 8 next year, I'll change my mind...

Every team has talent walk out the door and catch on elsewhere. It's just the nature of the business of football. When a dollar value has to get attached to a skill level or potential skill level it can get dicey. Player or Agents get angry for many reasons such as playing time, salary etc. They find a home up the road and prosper for another team. I always liked Godchaux but he's gone and starting for the Pats. We borrowed Van Noy but then threw him back. I can't figure it out!!

Wasn’t his nickname black ice, if so black ice does better in Michigan then it does in Florida.
It was. I thought it was because when he was rushing the QB, he just spun in place when engaged w a blocker.

He’s a JAG. Like Phillips he’s getting coverage sacks and clearly his play isn’t impacting games

I always admitted that he was a guy I liked coming out. Happy to see him doing something other than be a complete bust.

Playing linebacker more now.
Don't say that around here.

First round picks are busts after 3 games if they aren't leading the NFL in sacks.
You act like those facts are actually not facts bro. In here everything ALWAYS that is said here is never wrong .

We did the right thing moving on from Charles Harris. 3 seasons with Miami he showed zilch. It could even be argued that GM Chris Grier should have cut him a year earlier. If Detroit is having some success with Charles, then good luck to them. Who would you honestly prefer moving forward - Jaelan Phillips or Charles Harris?

Back
Top Bottom