Former Miami Dolphins safety Barry Hill dies at 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Miami Dolphins safety Barry Hill dies at 57

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
As a safety for the Miami Dolphins, Barry Hill expected a lot of himself. As a teacher and coach after his NFL career ended, he inspired his students to do the same.

"He treated them with love and respect," said his mother, Jounice Hill of Delray Beach. "He let them know that he expected and encouraged them to be the best in the world that they could be."

Mr. Hill, a Delray Beach native who played for the Dolphins and is a member of the Palm Beach County Sports Hall of Fame, died Wednesday morning from a respiratory illness at Bethesda Memorial Hospital. He was 57.

Mr. Hill was an All-State selection in football and basketball in 1970, his senior year at Carver High. As a safety on the football team, he helped the Eagles to state titles in 1968 and '69. Also a highly touted basketball recruit, he was the state's second-leading scorer as a senior.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-barry-hill-dies,0,6726475.story

Barry Hill played at the University I'm at now, Iowa State. He is in the school record books for many interception records. I'm not old enough to have ever seen him play, as a Cyclone or a Dolphin, but I respect my favorite teams' histories. Sad News

Back
Top Bottom