Four Days vs Four Years!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four Days vs Four Years!!!

DolphinzD said:
Well, that wouldn't be the end of the world. After all, Fiedler is 6-0 as a starter vs. Buffalo. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.
yeah if fiedler hadn't started the bills would've beaten them 6 times. We all know JF is the reason why the fins are so successful.

Justa, RS staff...But ya know, DWs situation is much less stable than RS. Rick bought himself a couple of seasons with his promotion, IMHO....But you are absolutely right that DW has been saying all along that JF is his guy and his job to lose, but I think DW will buckle under the pressure if they are close and give the job to AJ. Personally, I hope H. Wayne was right and he's the next M (I can't bring myself to say it yet though)....I just think that DW will name AJ the starter even if AJ doesn't "head and shoulders" beat out JF because as I said, if nothing more, Wanny can use it as an excuse. Hopefully I'm wrong, hopefully AJ beats our JF definitively or vice versa....and we are not left at the altar again...I'm not opposed to JF as the starter, but he would have to be better than he has proven to be so far...Can he do that ? I don't think so...I think wysiwyg with JF...And if he comes in off the bench to help out, he would be a good caretaker for our offense.

Justasportsfan said:
yeah if fiedler hadn't started the bills would've beaten them 6 times. We all know JF is the reason why the fins are so successful.

Well, I'd hate to see Ray Lucas' stat line if he started for the Dolphins in six games vs. the Bills.....

I know you guys hate JF... but it just makes me chuckle when you throw the "what ifs" out there to help the BG discussion or AJF discussion... yet you don't give JF the same scenarios and immediately decree him a Homer.

I'm sure JF would like to have a decent line, just ONCE. And a DB, RW, RM, RC AND CC all on the field at once. Hell, I could fart and make a completion in that crowd!

Thanks JF... Good Luck AJF.

Justasportsfan said:
I still think Fiedler will beat out Feely.

Justa, I don't doubt you here. Jay will be as sharp as ever this off season, he has real competition this time in terms of knowing that another QB can start ahead of him. He hasn't faced that in his 4 years with the fins. I don't know why so many fans hate Jay. I've seen plenty of games when he's brought our team back and been hand strapped by coaches when we had a lead. He's not the greatest of passers, but who would be if you have scamble just about every time you drop back. When he did have time, he was probably so overjoyed that he over threw his receivers or under threw them. It's combination of things that make a O successful, starting with the QB making the right calls at the line, the line making the right calls up front, the skilled people making the right reads, then the execution. Last year, 65% of the execution was due to poor line play. I can't count how many times I saw Ricky get ball from QB and was met not even a half step later by a Defender, or the QB went back to pass and was running for his life before he even set up a second. 20% QB was ineffective, our QB's over threw, under threw or got sack because they couldn't get rid of the pass, even when they had time. 10% Receiver errors, dropping passes, running ineffective routes, inablility to hit the bomb to keep the db's back. 5% RB
s not hitting the holes hard, making the wrong reads and cut backs, missing a blitzer. Have we over come this? I don't know, we've change OL, added Recievers, same RB, QB? same TE's. Is this enough. If Jay is the starter, will the other changes make a difference. No one knows, Jay's had to run his whole life in a phins uniform. He quadduple Marino's rushing number over a career. Jay's biggest problem is he can't make all the throws with strenght. His minds sees the opening, but his arm fails him a lot. Has he gotten stronger ????, I can't fault his intelligence on the field, 85% of the time he makes the right decisions, that's why we have beat 6 times out 6 with him. His physical skills sometimes fails what his mental capacity tells him to do throwing wise. Thank God he run, other wise he'd spend a lot of time on the groud getting sacked. So in the end if this OL can block, this Receiver's corps is an improvement and the RB's are on top of their game. Then Jay might be able to take this team to the house. If AJ is as smart, with a better arm, and the other factors the same, he may be what the doctor ordered.

im glad some ppl realized that BG wasn't given enough time to learn the OFF & fully heal from his turf toe injury.

compare JF vs AJ in terms of age. JF can't get better anymore. what you see is what you get. AJ in the other hand is still young & has the potential to get better with experience.

i once rooted for JF but after 4yrs, i had enough.

Does anybody really think that RS would have chosen a QB that he believes would be no better than JF? Do you think he just might understand JF's weaknesses and at least found a QB who he thinks is better than JF?

I just find it real hard to believe that Rick would go out and get a JF clone and pay the price a second round draft pick for him. Especially when he knew what an important decision that it would be for his tenure.

After watching him draft "perfect" guys for our team, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on AJF. I'm going to assume that Rick knows what he's doing.

I think it's AJF's job to lose, no matter what DW says.

dreadlockera said:
Ita a very vadlid point. Perhaps it is because AJ has never been a number one or more importantly a pro bowler that will allow him to be sucessful. The hunger to suceed and fear of failure for these guys make them the new typical NFL qb. They just dont make as many mistakes becuase they have always been in fear of loosing their jobs. No mistakes from the qb on a strong team is how teams win SBs. Of course he could just blow too. :rolleyes: Hope the former not the later.
As for BG (and I dont want to start another debate) its a good comparison. BG only had 1/2 a summer to review the play book, got injured and had little experience. Yet many were willing to shout from the rooftops how terrible he was. Casting off the son of one of our own. :shakeno: Personally I would love it if we let Jay go and had BG and AJ fight for #1. The wrong guy left ImHO.

Right on!

:booyeah: Feidler just doesn't have the arm to get ie done as a starter. Feely and sage should be getting more work than Jay. Dave wannstedt is just to dumb and stubborn to make the right move. Nobody wants Jay. So if they tell him he's the backup he'll be the backup. If he leaves? GOODRIDDENCE!:tsk:

We should have just gotten rid of DW & JF at the end of last season. LEHIGHPHINwhat part of Allentown you from, I have a store on Union Blvd.

Back
Top Bottom