Freaking 49ers........... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Freaking 49ers...........

fishypete said:
Selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the first round (first pick overall) of the 1984 NFL Supplemental Draft.
Acquired: Re-signed by the San Francisco 49ers as a free agent on May 3, 1991.

Steve Young like Doug Williams played on a very bad team....both quarterbacks had extreme talent and both went on with other teams to win superbowls.
For those that would like to know....Jason Campbell is alot like Doug Williams. Very strong armed and mobile enough.

Talent yes....HOWEVER ...Both happen to end up with Hall Of Fame coaches.
Joe Gibbs and Bill Walsh. Coincidence? I think not. Dont think for a second that they had nothing to do with it. Gibbs won with a guy named Rypien also, and Walsh was the man...we all know this. So in my opinion yes they had talent but made good moves and went to the right teams. Young is slightly overrated....especially his numbers. Dont get me wrong i actually like Steve Young i actually think he was a better QB than Montana but he was smart enough to go where they were winning already.

merlin00069 said:
Talent yes....HOWEVER ...Both happen to end up with Hall Of Fame coaches.
Joe Gibbs and Bill Walsh. Coincidence? I think not. Dont think for a second that they had nothing to do with it. Gibbs won with a guy named Rypien also, and Walsh was the man...we all know this. So in my opinion yes they had talent but made good moves and went to the right teams. Young is slightly overrated....especially his numbers. Dont get me wrong i actually like Steve Young i actually think he was a better QB than Montana but he was smart enough to go where they were winning already.
Considering the Bucs coach and talent....both Q.B.'s were either very smart or very lucky...to play another day. I can remember many games when I thought both were going to Tampa General. I can also remember going to games with the cheapest tickets...and by half time sitting in the best seats. Ahhh...those were the days....:)

Back
Top Bottom