Fred Russell Article on the Post | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fred Russell Article on the Post

Show Me Your TDs

My head's on Fire!
Reaction score
Great Read about Fred Russell. I'm really pulling for him to be the third down back. He has a legitimate shot with Henry still having lingering effects of the injury.

Fred Russell

I'd rather see us keep 4 RBs. Minor will leave next year. Henry will get tendered. And Russell could be the kick returner this year.

"And I was always running from my parents trying to avoid spankings, things like that."

That's a riot!..it could be a new training tool for young backs. Heck, Jerry Rice caught bricks while doing roof work with his dad..maybe this'll work for Fred "Stump" Russell.

Well if Henry can't give it full throttle by training camp then he will start the season on PUP. If he is ready we could carry 4 RB's but would have to cary one less player elsewhere. That means either no 5th CB or an extra Olineman and DLineman. Just depends on who out of the WR corps stays and returns punts. Russell hasn't looked comfortable thus far and looking at our track record, we tend to go with the VET b/c of experience. They really have to decide out of the 53 man last roster spot who is the most talented and can help the most.

I think Russell will have to beat Henry out and we will only keep 3 backs especially with the need to keep extra DLmen and having such a glut of DBs. Not sure who will win out as KR but Wilkins and Minor have legitimate shot. Whomever wins #3 back will need to win it as someone who can play every down since Minor is a solid 3rd back

Back
Top Bottom