future of the dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

future of the dolphins

Alien

xenomorph
Reaction score
i did this last year as juice 56 and it didnt end out right but it was fun to think 2-3 years down the road

qb- with the inconsistensy of starting qb Aj Feeley and despite his good winning percentage, the dolphins have drafted a developmental qb in the third round that dropped due to injury, think andrew walter.

rb- Ricky williams retires for the final time and ronnie brown is now considered one of the most dominant forces in the nfl. he finished the 2007 year with 1500 yards rushing and 800 yards receiving to help lead the dolphins to the afc championship where they lost in a nail biter. fullback heath evans has remained solid since being signed in 2005 and makes use of his limited playing time.

wr- chris chambers broke out in the 2005 season with 1200 yards receiving and 12 touchdowns even with rather erratic play from aj feeley, marty booker and david bosotn complete a receiving core that form perhaps one of the most versatile and feared in the league with the exception of the detriot lions.

te- randy mcmicheal looks to be perhaps the best tight end in dolphins history and with a few more years of getting more than 700 yards he could be looking at a shot at the hall of fame.

ol- the dolphins offensive line has stayed consistent under the teachings of hudson houck, rex hadnot now considered one of the biggest steals of the 2004 draft went to the pro bowl for the first time in 2007. the center position has yet to be filled after the release of seth mckinney after a sub par 2007 campaign after having such promising 2005 and 2006 seasons, jeno james is an above average lineman and will likely stay in miami for the rest of his career. after the release of damion mcintosh and the failed experiment of 1st round bust vernon carey at lt, marcus mcneil has developed into a great left tackle after only his second season. he could be seeing a pro bowl soon

dl- with jason taylor in perhaps his last year the dolphins will now look to all pro defensive end matt roth who registered 12 sacks in the 2007 season but questions have risen about if it was him or jason taylor's influence accounting for those sacks. the defensive tackle position is held down by a 2006 2nd round pick and a free agent.

lb- channing crowder has helped against the loss of zach thomas last year by adding speed and attitude to the dolphin defense. his 7 sacks and 2 interceptions in 2007 helped him earn a spot as a pro bowl reserve. a 2007 second round pick plays with him in the 3-4 and the outside linebacker positions are manned by the average donnie spragan and the the speed of the once in jeopardy of making the team eddie moore. the unit has questionable depth

db- tony bua won the starting spot in 2006 at strong safety after the release of tebucky jones due to injuries in the 2005 season. he has shown big play ability and knocks people's heads off but is often out of position. free safety yeremiah bell has become consistent and has one of the best closing speeds in the game. with the retirement of sam madison the questionable duo of reggie howard and will poole had to step up. will poole is now an all pro will reggie howard was released for salary cap relief and it is agreed travis daniels is ready to start as a physical corner in a versitile defense. depth is alright at db
punter- free agent kicker-free agent

yea i was bored so what?! what do you think and what do you predict?

i think we will do fine, if we can play as a team this year, we have the talent......(exept at QB.)
thats our downfall, not having a QB
but Ferotte knows the offense so..........

Alien said:
db- tony bua won the starting spot in 2006 at strong safety after the release of tebucky jones due to injuries in the 2005 season. he has shown big play ability and knocks people's heads off but is often out of position. free safety yeremiah bell has become consistent and has one of the best closing speeds in the game. with the retirement of sam madison the questionable duo of reggie howard and will poole had to step up. will poole is now an all pro will reggie howard was released for salary cap relief and it is agreed travis daniels is ready to start as a physical corner in a versitile defense. depth is alright at
Its a super hybrid!!!
Sorry couldn't resist.

Doktor Ivel said:
i think we will do fine, if we can play as a team this year, we have the talent......(exept at QB.)
thats our downfall, not having a QB
but Ferotte knows the offense so..........

You dont know that. I guess you are one of those Feeley haters aint ya? Feeley will do better this year then last year because we have a better coaching staff and a new immprove offense. Just because Ferotte knows the offense, doesnt mean that he will be better.

I remember when I was 15 and dreamed like this. I used to think Gerald Small was the next Mel Blount, no one was a better running back than Leroy Harris, and the WR combo of Nat Moore, Duriel Harris and Jimmy Cefalo was 2nd only to the Chargers' John Jefferson and Charlie Joiner. It's always nice to dream, and who knows what will happen, but you're being awfully optimistic. I just hope this group gels, overachieves under a new coaching staff that knows how to manipulate its talent, and drives like the teams of the '72 '73 Shula years. Overachievers whose talent is utilized properly. Everything then will fall into place.

Back
Top Bottom