Gadsden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A little off the mini-camp subject, but has anyone heard anything about OG. Is he retired? Has he signed with another team?

If he is done, I feel bad for the way it ended, though he mostly has himself and his agent to blame.

If he hadn't been so greedy on the contract he would be on the team. There is a lesson in there somewhere.

Last I heard he got a DUI. From FinHeaven's news wire....

Gadsden Arrested... 2004-04-19
[Sun-Sentinel] Former Dolphins WR Oronde Gadsden was arrested early Monday on a DUI charge and for driving on a suspended license, police said. Gadsden was wanted on two other counts in outstanding warrants that charge driving on a suspended or revoked driver's license. Capt. Keith Palant said Gadsden was also charged with violation of a traffic control device.

Palant said Gadsden refused to submit to sobriety testing at a Breath Alcohol Testing Facility and was booked into the Broward County Jail in Fort Lauderdale in lieu of $3,000 bond. He posted bond later in the morning and was freed.

Gadsden was stopped around 2:30 a.m. Monday while driving westbound on Pines Boulevard on the 8100 block. Police said he had just left Club Iguana in his black 2003 Infinity. Palant said the SUV was spotted swerving out of his lane of traffic and running over lane markers. He was stopped on the 8700 block of Pines Boulevard, questioned and arrested.

Oh, and he's done.

Never understood that. You own a shiny car worth $50k+ and you want to 1) drive it to a downtown club and park it 2) drive it home drunk.

I know these guys almost make too much money to care, but why risk it when you can call a limo/cab/towncar? ESPECIALLY when you're in the position where legal trouble could cost you your millions-per-year job?

I feel sorry for OG. He had some of the best hands in the NFL and could have been among the league's best if he were born with more speed/athletic ability/better toes. He found a way to get open and found a way to get the ball. He was a hard worker and I'll put him in my personal shrine to my favorite, recent, hardworking and underappreciated ex-Dolphins: Bernie P, Marion, Dixon, OG, McDuffie.

Brock Marion always recieved accolades for his work. I feel he often made the Pro Bowl on reputation and not on performance(the past 2-3 years), but he definitely recieved appreciation from the league.

infiltrateib said:
Never understood that. You own a shiny car worth $50k+ and you want to 1) drive it to a downtown club and park it 2) drive it home drunk.

I know these guys almost make too much money to care, but why risk it when you can call a limo/cab/towncar? ESPECIALLY when you're in the position where legal trouble could cost you your millions-per-year job?

I feel sorry for OG. He had some of the best hands in the NFL and could have been among the league's best if he were born with more speed/athletic ability/better toes. He found a way to get open and found a way to get the ball. He was a hard worker and I'll put him in my personal shrine to my favorite, recent, hardworking and underappreciated ex-Dolphins: Bernie P, Marion, Dixon, OG, McDuffie.

What about Ruddy?

Eh...I don't feel sorry. He was offered a *** load of cash and he said no. Why feel sorry for a decision made by a person with a sound mind?

He did Miami good, but then he turned his back to the team. I root for the team, not the individuals. I wish him well in life, but he made his bed so now he has to sleep in it.

Roll Konrad in there. i liked OG, and as a matter of fact, a lot of my non-miami friends knew quite a bit about him. Called him our Hands receiver...which he was, and they respected his talent. Too bad though, but as someone else said, he made his bed...

I'm sure it extremely obvious that the Dolphins have moved on and are no longer interested in "dancing" with him. He had his chance to prove himself as filler for the Chambers complimentary tandem, thats for Boston now. As you can tell, I like OG so much I wore his number when I played. However, when it gets to the point where its ALL money I tend to lose faith.

Always liked OG. I hope the best for him. Damned shame to have an agent ruin your career like that.

Agua said:
Always liked OG. I hope the best for him. Damned shame to have an agent ruin your career like that.

agua hit it on the head.

they hire an agent to let them work for them...so OG is guilty of picking a poor agent.

i would imagine he recent problems may all be a direct relation to this.

iguana it seems is not to phin friendly as of late...at least for the players.

Back
Top Bottom