Game assessment: pathetic display | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game assessment: pathetic display

ton80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Game was hot as hell and we lost!

QB - Cutler missed throws all day! Just horribly off the mark in every direction. No wonder it was so easy to shut down j-train. He was missing wide open guys. On several plays he had his first read open and he'd go to his second or third read and end up throwing across his buddy ...it was ugly.

RB - he was smothered I honestly believe this was because of cutlers play and the line run blocking was atrocious.

WR - Devante Parker beat his man time and time again. Cutler either didn't look his way or just missed him completely. On one play Landry was wide and I mean wide open in the end zone and Cutler didn't even look. Landry looked visibly pissed off ..called for another receiver and walked off the field ...he was clearly mad.

OL - there run blocking was horrible - no holes at all. Pass blocking wasn't good or bad I'd say ok. Let's just say the pass deficiencys weren't on them.

DL - started off well and held up but eventually got gassed. Wake came out strong but other than that you didn't see much. I do think Suh was being held a lot.

LBs - weren't bad this game filling holes against the run. Pass D was not good. Seemed like the middle of the field was full of holes to pass in.

CBs/S: Byron maxwell was horrid. Went out and Verner got beat deep...he got outran..no help overtop. Nate Allen is a huge liability. Looked completely lost on several plays.

Special Teams - were ok.

Coaching: Listen if this is what we have to look forward to this season (hope not) it's going to be maybe the longest season ever. Imo I think we needed this game to have any shot at the playoffs. This is just not a team you lose to. The Jets weren't good at all at the beginning of the game - flags all over the place. We were just flat out awful in nearly ever phase. We were not prepared for this game.

Back
Top Bottom