*** Gators Football Thread *** | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

I was wasted for most of this game, so I'll spew whatever I can think of here.

Here are my thoughts on this game:

1. Moving the ball is great and all, but it's pretty useless when you have goal-linephobia. Wetting ourselves in the RZ was a big problem last year that appears to have never been fixed.

2. You cannot, cannot, can-****ing-not waste golden opportunities and piss away all that momentum like that opening drive to the #1 team in the country on the road. You could just feel that play ruin our confidence.

3. I would say Emmanuel Moody needs to transfer, but he's a senior anyway.

4. Jesus goddamn Christ. Move Maurkice Pouncey to Guard. And the rest of the O-line? Not even worth talking about. Especially the right side (I'm looking at you, Xavier Nixon).

5. Steve Addazio makes Dan Henning look like Bill Walsh. How many times did it seem like they knew exactly what we were running?

6. Tebow is gone. Been gone for 9 months now. Enough time to have a baby. Get the hell over it.

7. What has Will Hill done since he got here?

8. Out-physicaled (not a word. I know). Again.

9. Chas Henry was our MVP tonight. Sad, not just for that, but that it appears that he was better than all those other kickers we put out there all along. Color me stunned if he does this for the rest of this season and doesn't run away with the Ray Guy Award.

10. Brantley has a pair. He was roughed up tonight while running for his life and throwing a couple bad Jacories, but never gave up. I was mad at some of our fans for cutting him down. That 4th down play was ugly, but he showed his courage there. Gotta stop running the option with him though. That isn't fooling anyone.

11. It could always be worse. You could be Georgia. Or Tennessee. Or LSU for that matter.

I missed that '05 game. Had a date that night. Never went back and watched it and never thought I would have to. Looks like it finally caught up with me. Similar score and everything. I won't fret or pout over this one for too long. Have an important game next week against LSU and I think we'll see this matchup again in Atlanta anyway. Holy balls the East is weak. It looks like the only team that will even challenge us is USC.

Namor, Slimm, I'm sure you're reading this. Your guys kicked our *** again tonight. Congrats to you, again. I would say that Bama's success was mostly due to our mistakes/ineptness, but that's how football works. Good luck against Spurrier & Friends next week.

10. Brantley has a pair. He was roughed up tonight while running for his life and throwing a couple bad Jacories, but never gave up.

:rolleyes2: At least when Harris tossed some bad interceptions he still kept us in the game vs the #2 team in the country. Brantley didn't have a chance tonight. Thug UF finally showed everyone who they really are, top 10 posers.

UFelony... 30 & counting.

:rolleyes2: At least when Harris tossed some bad interceptions he still kept us in the game vs the #2 team in the country. Brantley didn't have a chance tonight. Thug UF finally showed everyone who they really are, top 10 posers.

UFelony... 30 & counting.
Don't get too ****y. Your team plays in the ACC. FL would smoke Miami

Don't get too ****y. Your team plays in the ACC. FL would smoke Miami

After watching each team, I wouldn't say that Florida would smoke Miami. Miami's best and worst player is wrapped up in the uniform with J. Harris on the back. Hard to believe that they don't have a more reliable QB behind him.

Neither team has the weapons that once were synonymous with their respective schools. Football in the State of Florida is in as deep a recession as the U.S. economy.

I was wasted for most of this game, so I'll spew whatever I can think of here.

Here are my thoughts on this game:

1. Moving the ball is great and all, but it's pretty useless when you have goal-linephobia. Wetting ourselves in the RZ was a big problem last year that appears to have never been fixed.

2. You cannot, cannot, can-****ing-not waste golden opportunities and piss away all that momentum like that opening drive to the #1 team in the country on the road. You could just feel that play ruin our confidence.

3. I would say Emmanuel Moody needs to transfer, but he's a senior anyway.

4. Jesus goddamn Christ. Move Maurkice Pouncey to Guard. And the rest of the O-line? Not even worth talking about. Especially the right side (I'm looking at you, Xavier Nixon).

5. Steve Addazio makes Dan Henning look like Bill Walsh. How many times did it seem like they knew exactly what we were running?

6. Tebow is gone. Been gone for 9 months now. Enough time to have a baby. Get the hell over it.

7. What has Will Hill done since he got here?

8. Out-physicaled (not a word. I know). Again.

9. Chas Henry was our MVP tonight. Sad, not just for that, but that it appears that he was better than all those other kickers we put out there all along. Color me stunned if he does this for the rest of this season and doesn't run away with the Ray Guy Award.

10. Brantley has a pair. He was roughed up tonight while running for his life and throwing a couple bad Jacories, but never gave up. I was mad at some of our fans for cutting him down. That 4th down play was ugly, but he showed his courage there. Gotta stop running the option with him though. That isn't fooling anyone.

11. It could always be worse. You could be Georgia. Or Tennessee. Or LSU for that matter.

I missed that '05 game. Had a date that night. Never went back and watched it and never thought I would have to. Looks like it finally caught up with me. Similar score and everything. I won't fret or pout over this one for too long. Have an important game next week against LSU and I think we'll see this matchup again in Atlanta anyway. Holy balls the East is weak. It looks like the only team that will even challenge us is USC.

Namor, Slimm, I'm sure you're reading this. Your guys kicked our *** again tonight. Congrats to you, again. I would say that Bama's success was mostly due to our mistakes/ineptness, but that's how football works. Good luck against Spurrier & Friends next week.

I'm not here to gloat......game felt weird...not like a typical Fl/Bama. game...
The tone was set when you guys drove to the one and tried that stupid jump pass,
that changed everything to me.
To me you guys have great athletes..but on offense,you don't have a identity..It's like you want to be
a drop back passing team and sometimes you want to be a run spread team and it ends up being this
hodge podge of plays with no direction (see offensive Cor).
Don't worry guys...You will still win the East and we have a rough road to win the west.
So there still could be a rematch.
It was just one of those games..it happens.

I'm not here to gloat......game felt weird...not like a typical Fl/Bama. game...
The tone was set when you guys drove to the one and tried that stupid jump pass,
that changed everything to me.
To me you guys have great athletes..but on offense,you don't have a identity..It's like you want to be
a drop back passing team and sometimes you want to be a run spread team and it ends up being this
hodge podge of plays with no direction (see offensive Cor).
Don't worry guys...You will still win the East and we have a rough road to win the west.
So there still could be a rematch.
It was just one of those games..it happens.
Well said. Everybody and their grandmother knew we were throwing the jump pass. And it did change the whole game. Bama took that pick and turned it into 7. A 14 point swing.

I'm almost certain we'll see this game again. The East is bad right now. This team will have no excuse if they don't make it back to Atlanta. Tennessee and Kentucky are already behind us, Vandy is near the bottom usual, and Georgia is even worse. That leaves South Carolina as the only team in this division that could be a challenge and that game is in The Swamp. Alabama should be in Atlanta too. LSU in BR isn't easy, but Bama is simply better, especially in the coaching department. I see Auburn as the only legitimate threat left on that schedule, but that's in Tuscaloosa and again, Bama is better.

The next two games for us worry me. LSU is practically winning games by accident now, so I have no idea what's happening next week. MSU could easily be a trap game, but that's at home too.

Well said. Everybody and their grandmother knew we were throwing the jump pass. And it did change the whole game. Bama took that pick and turned it into 7. A 14 point swing.

I'm almost certain we'll see this game again. The East is bad right now. This team will have no excuse if they don't make it back to Atlanta. Tennessee and Kentucky are already behind us, Vandy is near the bottom usual, and Georgia is even worse. That leaves South Carolina as the only team in this division that could be a challenge and that game is in The Swamp. Alabama should be in Atlanta too. LSU in BR isn't easy, but Bama is simply better, especially in the coaching department. I see Auburn as the only legitimate threat left on that schedule, but that's in Tuscaloosa and again, Bama is better.

The next two games for us worry me. LSU is practically winning games by accident now, so I have no idea what's happening next week. MSU could easily be a trap game, but that's at home too.

Hey bro.....I know your hurting ....I've been there too..
Watching that game last night...Brantely,while a GREAT QB...doesn't fit
what Meyer wants to do.
What's scary to think of is if Cam Newton hadn't left...that's the QB to run
Meyers' offense

Hey bro.....I know your hurting ....I've been there too..
Watching that game last night...Brantely,while a GREAT QB...doesn't fit
what Meyer wants to do.
What's scary to think of is if Cam Newton hadn't left...that's the QB to run
Meyers' offense
I'm hurting, but only a little bit. Like dropping something heavy on your toe. We got beat up by a good team. But Brantley, much like Chris Leak, does appear to be a square peg in the round hole that is this offense.

What the hell is going on in here? Sounds like a funeral.....chin up suddenly humble Croc fans...

Look on the bright side... at least you stood a good chance of winning the coin-flip....

Furthermore, no news yet of Urban Meyer going to the hospital or retiring yet... perhaps he's getting used to the beatdowns by the Crimson Tide...

In all seriousness, Florida accomplished as much as they could with what they have... they were able to scheme and execute well enough to prevent Ingram/Richardson from rushing for 300+ yards... but turnovers melted that accomplishment away...

Florida is a really good football team... Alabama has a way of making really good - great football teams look incredibly average and overrated in huge games... I've been watching them do it for 40 years...

I think a few of you touched on the main issues for the Crocs.. which is they have no identity on offense... Tebow's intangibles aren't around anymore to camoflauge the flaws from the coaching staff down to the players... not that having Tebow would've changed the outcome last night either...

Good game guys...at least both teams got out of there with all their kids still in one piece, although Brantley's ribs are probably going to be sore for the rest of the season.... maybe we'll see it again in December..

Fell to 22 in the polls today. My only complaint is that Ohio State shouldn't be #1. Oregon should be. They look unstoppable right now.

Emmanuel Moody needs to go back to USC. I don't care that he's a senior.

Secondary was embarrassingly bad. Will Hill is worse than Kyle Jackson. I don't know what my nickname for him should be, "Gibril" or "Whiff"? Ahmad Black falls down more than a little kid who's learning how to ride a bike without training wheels. Janoris Jenkins was beaten early and often and couldn't tackle a ****in basset hound.

The O-line is a row of turnstiles. Forget the snaps. Pouncey gets blown up either way. Halapio sucks. Nixon is a complete joke. Gilbert isn't much better. And I think we've now had close to 40 passes batted down at the line this season because the D-linemen aren't being engaged AT ALL. This speaks volumes about the level of coaching they're receiving. I think we all know who the blame for that falls upon.

Reality is setting in. My expectations were a touch high coming in, but there is still a lot to play for this season. This is a 9-3 team at the very best. I think we'll end up at 8-4 with a spot in the Outback/Citrus/Gator Bowl. I would be content with that. The SEC East is still very much in play, but SC looked like world-beaters yesterday and this team has a lot of growing up to do and a short time to do it.

Guys.. I just don't know what to say.

Back
Top Bottom