Geno Smith Not Impressing the Jets so far | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Smith Not Impressing the Jets so far

DuderinoN703

We? What the **** we?
Club Member
Reaction score
The Jets quarterback competition may not be as competitive as they were hoping.
While nothing would be more convenient than for rookie Geno Smith to walk in the door and make the job his own, that apparently hasn’t happened so far.
According to Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com, the second-rounder “hasn’t blown anybody away, the way Russell Wilson did last season when he walked into the Seahawks’ facility.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/09/early-returns-on-geno-smith-not-overwhelming/

I'm not sure what they expected. This guy had inflated numbers due to having some of the best playmakers in college football and one of the worst defenses so he was constantly throwing. I would've been extremely surprised if he went in the top 20

This was a bad decision for Idzik to tie himself to Smith. Aside from throwing to Bailey and Austin who were the best players on that team, he was horribly inaccurate and went through games where he played horribly. Sanchez will remain the starter at the beginning but may get replaced only so they can see what they don't have in Smith. Look for the jets to draft another QB with a top 5 pick in 2014.

Just like Henne (who actually had more going for him in college), John Beck and Brady Quinn, among others, the market valued Geno just about where he deserved to go. Thus he stands the same statistical probability of either being a 2nd round bust or a successful anomaly.

He's a nice kid from Miramar who no doubt grew up rooting for the Fiins (but a job's a job) so I'm hesitant to dog him and would root for his success anywhere else.. but really, I'm glad the jest drafted him and am sure a bunch of their fans feel the same optimism that we did (myself included) when we drafted Henne.

Of course he isnt. Thats because Genos Myth blows. Ive been saying it LONG before the Jests drafted him.

He dropped from possible number one pick to the second round and picked after Ej Manuel (another bad qb) for a reason.

Well it's tough to beat out a potential hall of fame qb in Sanchez.:lol:

If memory serves Geno's perfotmance in the 2012 Backyard Brawl was abysmal.

Other than the game against the Horns last yr, he was not worthy of any hype.

Back
Top Bottom