George Mason's Jai Lewis a project player? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

George Mason's Jai Lewis a project player?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/20/sports/ncaabasketball/20lewis.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Apparently, we were one of a handful of teams to take in his workout this past Thursday. What do you guys make of him as a project player? I remember watching him during the NCAA Tourney thinking how surprisingly quick the guy was for his size. He seemed to have a very good basketball IQ, now obviously that doesn't translate over to football IQ, but it does show that he's able to incorporate the little things and strategy.

He'd be ok as a 7th rounder. He has good quickness but his long speed seems to be a concern to scouts. To be honest, when I heard NFL scouts were looking at him, I thought it was as a DT. He'd be good with that big body and quick feet.

what postion does he want to play and does anyone know how realistic it is he gets drafted?

He looks way too big to play TE. Unless he cuts some weight I don't know how he would play TE. But it would be cool to see a guy like that try, and who knows Gates did it.

He's 6'7" 290 and scouts have told him he is projected at either TE or DE.

Geforce said:
He's 6'7" 290 and scouts have told him he is projected at either TE or DE.

At that size he would make one heck of an O- Lineman if he could put on a little weight :lol:

He would be a monster TE though if he has the skills needed

Hes certainly got the frame to work with...

Back
Top Bottom